LSU “dandydon-homers”

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lasportsmen, Nov 29, 2007.

1. lasportsmen

lasportsmen Founding Member

Nobody appreciates LSU’s senior class this year more than me. I’ve written about how good they’ve been and how bad I feel for them since their coaches have let them down. However, the devastating loss week still lingers in the minds of the players in the middle of championship week. Since the players are still reeling, it appears a monumental coaching effort will need to take place this week in order for LSU to win. A “Monumental coaching effort” hasn’t taken place once this year, what’s about to change that? Miles receiving news he gets permission to talk with Michigan after the game Saturday? Crowton now being mentioned as a candidate for the Arkansas job?
    Drop any notion of a monumental coaching effort unless your talking about Miles beating OSU next year while coaching Michigan or Pelini taking Nebraska to the Big-12 title game. No, what will be monumental is the players’ efforts in beating Tennessee this weekend. Coaching ain’t going to get it done. It didn’t against Florida or Auburn and it will not be this week. Just ride the Dorsey-Flynn-Hester and senior class wave to victory...that’s what be will monumental.
    What’s just mental is some LSU fans that think Tiger Nation is being unrealistic, Bama-like, to-hard-on-coaches fans because we feel LSU should be better than 10-2 AND better defensively than we are. These glass-half-full fans think this team is great! Think the coaches are great! “Just look at the three-year record”, they say. We say, “how many championships won?” Crickets...chirp, chirp, chirp.
    If LSU wins this week, the dandydon-homers will be out there, “See! See! What do you say know?” No crickets from us. “Can you say great players and seniors, dandydon-homers?” Crickets chirping again.
    For the Louisiana Sportsmen we expect this every year: traditional tough aggressive LSU defense, solid if unspectacular offense, solid special teams, disciplined team on and off the field and make a bowl game whether it’s with 8-3 or 10-1 record if the above criteria is met.
    When the schedule falls right and we have experience and talent, then winning the SEC championship is probably going to be expected. That may happen once every four years, but we’ll take it. When you win the conference there is also the chance of a national title and we should seize on those few opportunities because it will not happen often.
    Take the criteria we laid out and apply it to this year’s team. Are we meeting the criteria? Tough aggressive defense- Nope. Solid offense- yep. Solid special teams- wash. disciplined team on the field- nope. Off the field- subjective but nope. Schedule falls right and we have experience and talent- yep to all of those. Chance at national title- nope. Chance at conference title- yep.
    Based on the criteria and the results, it obvious to see we have fallen short of our potential as a team when you consider schedule, talent, experience, and offense and special teams performances. If we’ve fallen short, then why? The players or the coaches? For Tiger Nation we know it ain’t the players, they’re great! For us, it’s obvious coaching problems.
    Now ask the dandydon-homers why we’ve fallen short of our potential...chirp, chirp, chirp...shhh, it’s because they know the answer.

1 person likes this.
  2. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

thanks for the garbage thread

1 person likes this.
  3. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Can we delete it?

:geauxtige

4. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Sure we can, but it's nice sometimes to let the folk here get a crack at these first. :rofl:

5. Mike in Memphis

Mike in Memphis Old Tiger

I really don't think we need to put up with this kind of crap from anyone.
    Opinions are like ***holes – every ***hole has one.

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Another member of the "Win the National Championship or You Suck" club.

7. LSUTigerDad

LSUTigerDad 2009 Pick Em Champ

As "Buddy D" used to say, "which tree did you fall out of squirrel?" :milesmic: :rofl:

8. TigerStagg

TigerStagg Founding Member

Did we max out our potential as a team? Absolutely not - this team was good enough to go unbeaten.

Is Miles the best football coach in the country? Absolutlely not - i'm constantly baffled at his moves & calls. He seems like a nice enough guy and a good administrator but he is in over his head as far as in-game strategy & I'm pretty much sick of his media persona. If he leaves after the season, we can certainly hire a better football coach.

That said...

The LSU fans that make me most sick are not Dandy Don & his ilk, at least they are happy about rooting for LSU. I'm most annoyed by the ones who piss and moan and hate themselves because we didn't win every game we played. I feel that way too after a loss for like 24 hours and then I come to my senses and realize that going unbeaten in the current landscape of college football is more of a fluke than an accomplishment.

You always hear that LSU fans aren't happy unless they are miserable. It's so friggin true. At least the most vocal ones. We're playing for the damn SEC title this weekend, and we've got a bunch of crybaby fans who don't even appreciate that. I'm 30 and have been diehard since about 10 years old in 1987. I've witnessed exactly 3 SEC titles in my life. Please forgive us Tiger fans who have a little perspective and know that playing for the championship of the toughest league in the country is a very big deal. I mean do you guys just want to blow your brains out every year of your life except for 2003? You have to be able to at least enjoy being a damn good WINNING program, otherwise what the hell do you do it for?

if you know college football, you know that under the current system, 'national champion' is as bogus a title as 'kings of the whole wide universe.' After all, the 'championship game' will most likely be between the champions of the 2 worst BCS conferences. Some 'national champion' right?

Now let's win the friggin SEC and put that hardware in the case to commemorate this championship caliber team forever. Hester, Doucet, Pittman, Steltz, Flynn, all deserve to be champions.

2 people like this.
  9. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Not at all. I objected to the title and overrall tone of the thread; I should have been more clear about it, rather than givng a one-liner as a response.

At this point we as Tiger fans need to support the team and concentrate on winning the SEC, rather than dwelling on what-ifs and lamenting the games we lost.

:geauxtige

1 person likes this.
  10. geauxgeauxhon

geauxgeauxhon blah blah blah

Line breaks between paragraphs are your friend. Embrace them!

1 person likes this.