Looks like the UN inspectors have found NADA so far

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Tom, Jan 9, 2003.

1. Tom

Tom Founding Member

So, TWO months into inspections and as the article states, the UN has found no smoking gun as far as an Iraqi weapons of mass destruction goes. Wow, what a shocker!! But guys, please, believe what Sapling has told you. Look at ALL the evidence he has presented!! LOL!! The bottom line is Sapling along with his lapdog Powell have obviously presented NOTHING of great note. Of course, as usual, the Sapling administration CLAIMS they are holding back some information because they want to make sure security will not be breached. ROTFLMAO!! Yeah, I bet they are holding back the information the same way they hold back information when they make statements in other areas and don't have anything to back it up.

Also, I noticed that France today basically said for nations who claim they have information to turn it over to the UN. Geez, sounds sort of like a NATO country doesn't really believe the old US has anything, doesn't it? Once again, Sapling has dropped the credibility of the US in the world by making statements he can't back up.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...&e=1&u=/ap/20030109/ap_on_re_mi_ea/un_iraq_15

2. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

From the Washington post:

U.S. Is Sharing Iraq Data With Blix
    Intelligence Reports Aid Inspections, Powell Says

By Karen DeYoung and Walter Pincus
    Washington Post Staff Writers
    Thursday, January 9, 2003; Page A01

After weeks of delay, the United States within the past several days has begun providing United Nations inspectors with "significant" intelligence on Iraqi weapons programs that has enabled inspectors to become "more aggressive and to be more comprehensive in the work they're doing," Secretary of State Colin L. Powell said yesterday.

rest of the article

3. LSUMJ

LSUMJ Founding Member

if i gave you 4 years to hide something in an area the size of texas, do you think you could do it?

4. Tom

Tom Founding Member

Quite the 'copout' statement by Powell

He was interviewed tonight on NBC Nightly News and when asked by Brokaw if overwhelming evidence could be put forth by the US about Iraq hiding their development of weapons of mass destruction, Powell said something almost exactly like, "well, conclusive evidence is the eye of the beholder." ROTFLMAO!! So, in other words, you got SQUAT -- NATO and other countries CALLED Sapling's bluff, and trying to hide behind national security sources didn't work, so now you have nothing to show. "Signficant" information does NOT necessarily mean condemning evidence. Most likely, that is simply a comprehensive list of areas to check, activity logged by satellites, etc. If the US had something damaging, it would have been shown by now.

5. diehardLSUfan

diehardLSUfan Founding Member

Who cares...

Let me ask this simple question:

Do you think one soul in Iraq cares for an American as much as the liberals in America care about them? Unreal!!!!

Would I lose a wink of sleep is Hussein's regime was taken down in Iraq even if he is innocent? Very very doubtful. He's been screwing around with the U.S for over 10 years now anyway, not being cooperative in the least bit. So, I guess you can say had he been upfront and straightforward with us to begin with, he wouldn't have to go through this. Tom you know if you had a family member that died in 9/11 attacks you wouldn't for one second be talking the way you are. Quit looking at the situation with liberal blinders and think about the innocent that died for just a second and tell me we don't need to be there.

6. diehardLSUfan

diehardLSUfan Founding Member

Why would the USA need to worry about credibility when just about all of their economy is based on the value of the US dollar? And you're wrong about Europe. Tony Blair has on numerous occasions backed up George Bush on whatever needs to be done. If you're talking about France, they have never been a US supporter. I think you're looking too hard into the logic of going to war, almost reading it too hard. Take a step back and look at the big picture. If the US goes into Iraq and completes mission, if anything else it will send a big message out to the rest of those losers waging war against us -- don't mess with us. I guess you seem to forget THEY came to us, we didn't go to them. By the way have you seen how much time and effort Sadaam has put into his underground shelter? If he does that much how much time and effort do you think he puts into hiding weapons?

7. JD

JD Founding Member

YOu're right; however, where is our intelligence? Shouldn't they hbe able to lead the inspectors to a little something if Sadaam has been building like crazy (like I think he has)? Something - anything.

8. Tom

Tom Founding Member

Re: Who cares...

Of course, that is not the point. When have I ever said that I lost sleep over the people of Iraq. HOWEVER, that is THEIR country, not Saplings. Once again, people have a way of solving their own problems better than some dimwitted, Napoleon wanna-a-be who apparently is doing this mostly to vindicate his father ("and he tried to kill my daddy"). And to bring in the September 11th attack is ridiculous. The British Intelligence, American Intelligence, etc. have concluded NOTHING that happened on September 11, 2001 had ANYTHING to do with Saddam Hussein. So, if you are don't to throwing out garbage like that, then you too must be grasping at straws just like Sapling. Oh, and as far as being upfront about programs, do you know when the US will attack Pakistan, India, Israel, South Africa, and the umteen other countries that have either developed nuclear weapons or other horrific weapons. To single out Iraq is LAUGHABLE!!