Last time we looked outclassed?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tirk, Sep 17, 2017.

1. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Miles, however, shits gold.

furduknfish and TigerTap like this.
  2. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

A. Jimbo was not fired, he left on his own.
    B. Yeah i'm taking college Landry over Reid and Adams.
    C. if you honestly think Jimbo was the problem in that '06 Auburn game, you got more than just a few screws loose.

furduknfish, TerryP and Brian like this.
  3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I'm interested to see how Coach O responds to this. A lot of folks were riding high on that hire, some of us weren't, but a lot were. Remember in 08 when Lee was throwing pick 6's, that's kind of when Les took wheel, it will be interesting to see if O does something similar because of the pressure he is starting to feel. I think Les basically said fuck it after 08 if I go down I'm going down like Frank Sinatra and doing it my way.

4. BayouBengal014

BayouBengal014 Founding Member

He also had LaRon Landry Jacob Hester and Matt Flynn. Miles Inherited a team with a strong foundation with players who were coached by Saban. Coach Orgeron lost 5 key players on defense and inherited a young football team with players that are either fresh out of high school or players who were micro managed by Miles.

5. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

Hopefully with the pressure of our 1st loss out of the way and the college football nation now knowing LSU isn't a sneaky good contender, it helps. No question we play better under less pressure but I also don't think this will be our only thrashing this year.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

I think that's what we have once again. We have a head coach who once had his team in his likeness. A coach who imparted his swagger, his raw emotion his every fiber into his players. That ole miss tean was coach Oeaux and was a historic failure. Complete collapse top to bottom.

So after he was fired he said he thought often about blowing his one golden opportunity as HC. Figured out all the things he did wrong and how he could correct them and he'd make sure to never repeat those mistakes again.

Then hit his lottery of all lottery tickets. Against all odds he went from being unemployed to LSUs head coach seemingly overnight. Clearly his dream job as he's often said.

Fast forward to today. He doesn't want to fuck this up. He shirked all responsibility to the coordinators. Out of fear we have a coach who practically fought his own players, ripped his shirt off. now suddenly he shows a calm demeanor saying nothing during the game as it unfolds. Hell he didn't even know why Guice was out most of the 2h. Or even worse, scared to say anything.

It seems he hasn't imparted his philosophy or vision to guide this team. Why? Bc he has his own j lee nightmare he can't shake. He's now scared of who he is.

So now we seemingly have coaches doing their own thing, hoping that the sum of all the parts can come together and be one. You have to have a philosophy on defense that supports the offense and vice versa. That's a big part of a HC to bring all of it together. If this is the case, Coach Oeaux may end up being a victim of his own fears just like our prior head coach. Let's hope that's not the case.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

[​IMG]

8. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

You will see this week if LSU has any pride. Winning and losing is not the end all be all. Did you see the Texas USC game. Texas lost but they lost by giving every ounce of fight they had. LSU was not prepared physically or mentally and I think Canada will be a great OC but right now he is in the sec and is facing defenses unlike he has before. All that motion shit is nice but football is about imposing your will on the opponent on both sides. When your line is getting manhandled where are the screens and short passes to get rid of the ball quick. Where are the quick ins and misdirection plays to offset pass rush. The TE short passes etc etc etc that every oc should know. Is throwing deep against a pass rush that is on top of our qb when he gets back to set up the right gameplan.

Canada better develop a plan to get rid of the ball quick and not running sideways or the SEC defenses are going to send him back to Southern Buffalo Junior College

Use the tools you have to combat a weak line and inexperience . Misdirection and short passes to offset the pass rush and blitzes you are about to see.

We might be able to beat the syracuses and the troys but come sec time we better grow up quick.

Bengal B and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  9. P&G Fan

P&G Fan GEAUX TIGERS!!

Very disappointing game....to say the least. We were at my wife's function, so I didn't really get to watch until my sister texted me saying "our you watching this $#!*". I wasn't. It was probably one of the few MSST games I've missed. Tigers will bounce back. Geaux Tigers.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  10. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

X50