Knowshon Moreno to NO?

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Cajun Sensation, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

He's got N.O. in both of his names...it may be a sign.

Mel Kiper has the Saints drafting Knowshon, saying that "There isn't anything remotely close to the talent and depth at running back available in the draft last year, but Moreno is a good fit for the Saints at this spot."

I'm not quite sure that the Saints should draft a RB here, but you know what they say about drafting the best player available.

Todd McShay thinks we take Malcolm Jenkins here. I see Jenkins as a FS or a CB, but probably the former b/c he's not all that fast.

What do ya'll think?

2. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

I don't want Moreno. I think he'll be a bust.
    I want Cushing.

3. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

I wouldn't be completely opposed to the Saints taking a running back at #14, but I'm not sure Moreno's the kind of back that's a significant upgrade on what we have. We need a bruiser. If it's between him or going defense, I'd rather go defense.

4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Javon Ringer would fit nice but I don't know that he would be avaiable otherwise I like the defensive move. Just mho.

5. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

I think the RB from Liberty Rashad Jennings will be the better fit for us and is my choice for RB with RB Gartrell Johnson for late round pick or FA signing who runs hard as well

6. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

deuce was best player available that worked out pretty well but there are more pressing needs at LB and Fs.

that said i like moreno.

7. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

I agree 100%. I believe that the only 4 draft picks should include 2-3 defensive players.

Has anyone heard any news on the linebacker from Ohio State? Laurinitis (spelling?). I read a report that said he didn't play in the Senior Bowl and that's all I know. I'm faaaarrr behind.

8. bmy-

bmy- Founding Member

I'd rather pick up a RB in a later round. Shonn Greene, anyone? (If we could get a 3rd round pick)

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

i think the saints drafting a running back in the first round would prove that sean payton should only be an offensive coordinator and not a head coach.

as horrible as the defensive secondary is, and the linebacker core, if he drafted a running back first round he should be run out of town by an angry mob with pitchforks and torches.

10. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

I agree with the idea, but disagree with your conclusion. We really only have a MAJOR hole right now at FS. We could use another OLB, and we could use depth everywhere. But I'd like to see them pick the best player available instead of reaching on someone who plays the position we need, but isn't nearly as good.