Just fried a big platter of speckled...

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by diamondheadtiger, Apr 25, 2004.

1. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

trout with some home made dirty rice and shoe string fries and washed it down with an ice cold Bud Light, kiss my AZZ Middendorfs, Deanies...etc :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
    :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
    I like those places or I would'nt use them as examples, but they can't do it like this.

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

What do you coat your fish with before frying?

3. diamondheadtiger

Just a little yellow mustard, but I'm open to all recipes. :) :) :) :) :) :)

4. SabanFan

Me too. Tony's and yellow mustard. Then white corn meal (suggested to me by Carolyn at Carolyn's rest. in Cecilia). Richdog will tell you that she makes some awesome fried catfish.
    The best Jerry...the BEST - Kenny Banya

5. snorton938

snorton938 Founding Member

now that's eatin'. sounds excellent. and if you want a twist you can marinate them in some worstechire (sp?), lemon juice, and mix in some creole or dijon mustard and just let them set up.

6. SabanFan

I do a lot of bream fishing and I keep the ones that are big enough to filet. I freeze about 50 fillets per pack. When I fry up a batch of those crispy critters I serve them with seasoned tater tots and coleslaw (just shredded cabbage, mayo and salt and pepper). One of my family's favorite meals.

7. diamondheadtiger

Caught some big bream at Caernarvon in St. Bernard Parish, but really liked chasin the Sac-A-Lait in Des Allemands in winter. Both make a great meal. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)