Junior College players

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by DarkHornet, Feb 1, 2004.

1. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

How many years of eligibility does a player have when they transfer from a Junior College?

2. tygertail

tygertail Founding Member

i think it depends on how many years they were at the JC and how they got there. Meaning did they go straight to JC or did they go to a I-A school then JC

But I might be wrong

3. amedee83

amedee83 Founding Member

In our case for the one's that chose

LSU this season, all JC signees will have 3 years to play 2...some instances where they don't get the 3 years to play two but in our case this season,

Mario Stevenson
    Claude Wroten
    E.J. Kuale

will all have 3 year to play 2!!

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Wow....I was not aware of that....I thought JC players only had 2 years to play since they are coming from a school where they played 2 years already.

What is the reasoning for allowing them to play an additional 3 years?

5. amedee83

amedee83 Founding Member

They do have two years to play...

however, they can red-shirt just like Kenny Hollis. He still has two years of elegibility, meaning he will be at LSU for three years playing the next two seasons.

Expect the others to do the same if they don't pick up the system quickly, Marion Stevenson and Claude Wroten may play this season but more than often these kids red-shirt given they arrive trying to pickup a new system. Stevenson is reported as shining, so he may only play two years...considering he doesn't red-shirt.

Obviously if they are really good, they go PRO after one season. E.J. Kuale will come in later than the others due to his academic status, I look for him to red-shirt definitely...but you never know!

6. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

they also have to be making satisfactory progresss towards a degree to get the extra year of eligibilty. That is one of the reasons many of them only get 2 years. If they had sat out a year then go to a Juco they automatically get behind on their progress and then have to show great progress in the classroom for the NCAA to grant them the extra year.