Jordan Jefferson

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Oct 21, 2010.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

You know, it is really strange how this kid has regressed so much. Alot of people point to the Auburn game last year as one of his best games, which is undeniable. But I was looking for video clips of Jarrett Lee running the option, and I thought he did against Alabama last year, but I couldn't find the clip. However, watching the highlights of that game got me thinking.

Jordan Jefferson was on point with his throws in that game at Alabama last year, and to be honest, he hasn't been the same quarterback since he was taken out due to injury in that game.

I guess my question is how does a kid progressively get worse? He looked phenomenal at times last year, especially against Auburn and Alabama. What the hell happened?

Is this strictly a confidence thing? Is it because now teams have more film on him and know how to defend him? What is going on with this kid?

2. joker

joker Founding Member

Lee was thrown to the wolves and has proven he has the mettle to be a great QB for LSU.

I hope he is given a fair chance to lead LSU to the win instead of being thrown to the wolves again in a last ditch effort to save the team, once again.

3. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

the bigger question is how an offensive coord. can get worse.

4. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

He's decent with his feet.

He has a strong arm.

He can be accurate.

But his throwing motion takes forever, his decision making takes forever, which means he can only really reliably hit wide open receivers.

I think the difference is that he's been doing this long enough to know that he's not that good. And it has mentally changed him.

Plus, I personally don't think he's the kind of QB that can run a Crowton offense. I don't think he has the smarts.

And I really hope he tears it up on Saturday in Auburn and I am force to eat a ton of crow. But I think Jefferson has hit his ceiling and what we're seeing is him banging up against it trying to break through.

We could start a thread on Lee and have very similar conversations. It's just that Lee is a much better, more natural, passer. And he SEEMS to be better mentally than Jefferson in terms of reads, etc. The thread on Lee would be about why, every now and then, he scares the crap out of you. (And I think every QB does that, it's just that they haven't had a 2008 season like Lee did...)

5. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Jefferson is completly confused. Last year every play he would go to the line and look back to the coaches to see what to check to. Lee goes to the line and checks off on his own pointing to defensive players and leading the team. Jefferson does not understand how to play the position of qb at this level and his frustration causes him to make mistakes. His confusion causes indecisive play and his lack of a natural feel for the position causes him not to feel pressure thus the sacks when he drops back to pass. That is why he rolls out. He will have good moments but his talent is being wasted at trying to play a position that is unnatural for him

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I've also noticed that Lee will sometimes gives the "hurry-up" signal to the sideline when the play is late coming in. Les probably doesn't like being told to hurry by his quarterback, but it makes me feel like one person on the field is watching the play clock. The clock is there for him and he seems to understand this.

7. T1gerfive

T1gerfive SANTA

I agree. JJ running the option is tough to watch. :rolleye33:

8. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

Thinking hurts. If we rush Les, he'll get migraines.

9. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

I guess my question is after all we went through with the meerkat, why it's STILL taking too long to get the play from the whiz kid upstairs to ths sideline to the huddle.

10. TSdude

TSdude Founding Member

It's obvious to me as it is to everyone that Jefferson has done nothing to deserve the amount of snaps he is getting. If Les wants to start him, okay fine, but don't give him two more series in the first half. You only have so many possessions per game and you can't afford to waste those much less do what Jefferson has done by turning over the football and putting the defense in negative field position situations.