Jimmy Ott Trying to be a Finescum?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by luvdimtigers, Sep 5, 2007.

1. luvdimtigers

luvdimtigers Founding Member

Listening to Jimmy Fott yesterday, he said that Zenon's interception was classic Saban coverage, with that and all the Miles bashing he's done lately, (Miles is at best an average coach, stupid for starting Hester, etc.) I couldn't stand it anymore and called in. I told him that he claims to be objective, but negative isn't objective. His response was to ask me name something Miles had done. My response was that he seems to adjust and not make the same mistake twice, EX: Abandoning the soft zone after the Arizona game in 2005, he said he gave Pelini credit for that, I asked him who hired Pelini, he said it was Saban got the money to pay for good asst. like Pelini, etc.

Is it me or is Jimmy Fott trying to be a mudslinger like Finescum and get a national gig? I hope the little worm gets run smooth out of town.

2. GEAUX TIGERS

GEAUX TIGERS Founding Member

He's another C-Unit that has a hate boner for LSU.

3. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

He has Condon and Guilbeau on his show. That should tell you the direction he has taken his show.

But he is the most knowledgeable sports talk guy in BR. Songy is just a homer.

TwistedTiger likes this.
  4. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

Ott graduated from LSU so he doesn't hate LSU. IMO, OTT gives a much more balanced opinion of things than guys like Songy. If you like hearing "everything is great at LSU" for 2 hours then listen to Songy.

If you like hearing Ott discuss that maybe Hester got a few too many carries against State then listen to Ott. I for one, think Hester got a few too many carries against State.

1 person likes this.
  5. LSU0596

LSU0596 Respect

I was listining to ott back in my days at LSU. I thought he had knowlege and was somewhat humorous but enjoyed ole Chucky better. Of course this was the early to mid 90's. I must say I am suprised with some of his comments, such as the argument about Miles hiring Pelini. If he is digging at Miles, I am sure someone must have P*ssed him off over at the Football complex. Back in the 90's he was somewhat a B*tch when someone disagreed with him.
    But lets face it, he is media and radio, sports media at that. Got to take him for whats its worth--Entertainment.

6. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

Running stride for stride with the receiver and looking back at the ball is classic Saban coverage? He is the only guy teaching this? Boy we sure are lucky to have had him at one time. Before that, we must have just yelled "Noonan" in the receivers' ears and hoped they dropped the ball.

1 person likes this.
  7. LSU0596

LSU0596 Respect

Classic quote!! Your on point this morning!

Geaux Tigers!!

8. geauxgeauxhon

geauxgeauxhon blah blah blah

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! We don't want to give our sekrits away! :dis:

9. meauxjeaux2

meauxjeaux2 Founding Member

were you the one that called in and said that he reminded you of finebaum?If so you sounded like a jackass.

1 person likes this.
  10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

unfortunately, hes not trying to be controversial. he believes what he says. if he said that about the technique, thats a completely ridiculous as noonan pointed out.

he's letting his admiration for nickie and dislike for leslie as a coach cloud his judgment.

if thats the case, then he has to blame jimbo for the same play calling even though hes not here. cant have it both ways.