"Islam has made the USA better"

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by saltyone, Apr 6, 2009.

1. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D97CVOMG0&show_article=1

Bullsh*t

2. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

"We will convey our deep appreciation for the Islamic faith, which has done so much over so many centuries to shape the world for the better, including my own country," Obama said.

:nope: Let the masses start defending Obama again. "Hope" was the rhetoric used to sway the voters..."change" is his true motive.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Divide and conquer. We have to win over the muslims that aren't our enemies as well as defeat the ones that are. Al Qaeda loses when the population that they are hiding among no longer will tolerate them. We can't win if 1.2 Billion Muslims tolerate Al Qaeda. We can't lose if they do not.

Long-time NATO allies like the Turks do not harbor terrorists. They have permitted us to base our strategic nuclear bombers and nuclear missiles on their territory. They have contributed to our defense and they are the only islamic country to have diplomatic relations with Israel, which also helps us. There is no reason to lump them with our radical islamist enemies. Obama is only being polite and truthful to note this when addressing the Turkish Parliament.

4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

With the caveat that I still question this whole notion that the Muslim world rejects al Quaeda, et al (if they do, they're not very vocal about it), I don't have a problem with anything said by POTUS in that article.

5. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Hey Salty, Now that Obama's the prez, Osama can chill a little more than before.

[​IMG]

(keep the "Fi") !!

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

how are christians any better?

1 person likes this.
  7. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

I have no problem with what he said.

8. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

me either. an the world is better for having islam, i mean, just think how long it would take you to do your taxes if you had write "45,123" in roman numerals.:)

(and spare me, i know it doesnt really have anything to do with islam)

1 person likes this.
  9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Sure it does. When Europe was stagnant in the Dark Ages, the Arabs perfected Math and Astronomy. Arabs got Islam all over them. They literally named the stars, 90% of the brightest 1000 have Arab names. Those Arabs breed good horses, too.

10. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

you got that right!!!

we raised arabian horses and i grew up showing them. as a kid, my dream was to visit saudi arabia and egypt just to visit the horse farms.

a very versatile breed!