Iran blasts Obama's nuclear criticism- Honeymoon with Iran over.

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Andouille, Nov 8, 2008.

1. Andouille

Andouille Guest

Now that Obama is out of the land of make-believe and his decisions actually have real world implications, it will be interesting to see how he governs. Won't take him long to learn that he won't be able to sit in a circle and hold hands with these guys and have everything come out nicey nice.

The more I look at Obama, his personality, his selection of Rahm as COS and the election, the more I realize how much he probably duped the whole "peace, love and rainbows" crowd. I don't think Obama is nearly the "dove" his campaign promoted.

Obama plays hardball. His now, right hand man is probably the toughest and most ruthless partisan in the DNC. I think with Biden's statement that Obama will be tested (and he's probably right), Obama will want to send a message that he won't be f-ed with.

As someone who thinks America needs to project strength, I'm actually trying to be a little optimistic about Obama with regards to international afairs and defense.

However I think the pacifists on the left that were his strongest supporters will be in for a rude surprise.

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I agree about Emanuel being a "don't phuck with me" kinda guy. And being of the Jewish faith, he will most certainly have a hard line regarding this particular issue.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

It should never be forgotton that Ahmanutjob's rhetoric is for domestic consumption. Iran has a ton of problems but the place is fervently nationalistic. Whenever the Iranian start bitching about their inflation, oppresive government, economy, etc., he makes a rant about Israel or America as a diversion. Third work dictators are all talk and no action.

If Iran had a nuke they wuldn't use it for the same reason the Russians never used theirs -- massive instant retaliation.