inside info

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tigernut4, May 1, 2002.

1. Tigernut4

Tigernut4 Founding Member

my dad was at ruths chris steakhouse draft week and josh reed was there in Baton Rouge, reed told him that saban told reed that they have the talant this year to win th national championship THIS YEAR!! he also said that mauck is gutsy like davey was, he said he is a great leader and a good qb. he said before SHyrone Carey leaves, he will be flat out awesome.

2. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

Sounds great, but they still have alot of improving to do. They may have the talent, but were not putting it together well in the spring.

However I do think that they will put it all together before gameday. GEAUX TIGERS!

3. StLee

StLee Founding Member

Fox Spring report

Check out the "Getting to Know You" section. The Fiesta Bowl, host of this year's national championship game, officials visited 12 schools' spring practices this year, including LSU, one of only two SEC schools they sccouted. Other schools include UCLA, Kansas State, Miami, Nebraska, Ohio State, Oklahoma, USC, Tennessee, Texas, Michigan and Washington.

Washington coach Rick Neuheisel said it best: "Twelve teams that they thought had a chance to be in their game, and they came to see us. It's important our team knows what's possible if we put forth the effort."

That goes for LSU, too. LSU's defense should be one of the top in the nation. Defenses do win championships. If the offense is good, as I think they can be once the QB's get the offense down, LSU can be in that number, hard schedule and all.

Lee