~Incoming Freshman Class~

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Lprimo, Jun 26, 2007.

1. Lprimo

Lprimo Pimpin Aint Easy

Jarvis Jones highlights are crazy, as is Stevan Ridley's...Men playing with kids...Where ever they want to go, there's no stopping them. I think there's a bunch of guys that could play as True Freshman. Jarvis Jones, Alex Russian, Stevan Ridley, Drake Nevis, Ron Brooks, Terrance Toliver. The one thing I noticed about the Offensive players, is they have good blocking skills. O-Line and D-Line look crazy loaded.

2. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I think Barksdale, Corley, Clemmons, T-Bob, and Chad Jones could play as freshman as well. I suspect most of these guys will redshirt with the only exception being Jones if he doesnt sign a baseball contract.

Dworaczyk has been the most impressive so far on the Oline. T-Bob wants to redshirt, McCoy, Nevis, Corbin, Joseph, Ridley, Corley, Aubrey, Brooks, Barksdale, and Blackwell should also redshirt given how deep we are at their respective positions.

Benton might have to sign with the next class.

Byrd will see big time as a freshman, probably the most of all in the new class. Tolliver and Francois will play a little and one of them might qualify for a redshirt if others ahead of them do well. I also expect to see John Williams getting many reps with the special teams.

Cparso, is this about how you see it?

3. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

Byrd is actually going to be a junior.

4. CParso

CParso Founding Member

T-Bob will redshirt. It is in everyone's best interest. Considering the amount of rotation along the DLine, I'd say there's a good chance we see Barksdale and Corley get some PT. Drake Nevis reminds me of Dorsey though.

I expect Jones to suit up for the Tigers next year, and he won't redshirt but he probably won't play extensively.

I don't know if Clemons is going to play Safety or LB, but I think it will be LB. Either way, he could work is way into being a big contributor.

What do you mean? I think McCoy was the most SEC-ready, but I don't think he qualified. Jarvis has the most potential, but neither him nor Dworaczyk are in the kind of condition necessary to play OT in the SEC. If one of them has a shot at seeing PT this year, I'd guess Jones. Considering our lack of depth at OT, I really hope one of these guys can step up.

Corbin is one hell of a TE. I'm really high on this guy, but I've heard he may get looks at LB. If he switches to LB, he'll redshirt. If he stays at TE, I think he could see some PT because Crowton will actually utilize the position. Atleast one of the TE's will see a lot of PT IMO, and we signed 2 other pretty good ones last year as well - Joseph & Russian.

Ridley could be either a FB or LB, but most now expect he'll be a LB, so he'll probably RS. Blackwell may end up switching to OLine, but I don't think it would happen this early in his career so I expect him to redshirt. Brooks was recruited as an athlete. If he plays WR, he could see some PT - particularly on special teams returning kicks. If he plays CB, he'll redshirt.

I'm pretty sure he didn't qualify.

There's a good chance he moves into the top 3 WRs by mid-season, but he won't be a freshman. He came from JUCO so he'll be a Jr.

Toliver needs to add weight, but considering that the Mitchells only played about 3 downs each last year & they didn't redshirt, I don't think Toliver will either. How much he plays depends on what kind of shape he can get into, IMO. Safety should be pretty well covered as far as starters, but Francois might be able to sneak in some PT in blowouts.

Williams is a heck of an athlete, but would we really skip a redshirt just to use him on special teams? It depends on how the other guys look, I suppose. I wouldn't be suprised to see Jai Eugene get some serious looks back there, and if he (or someone else) can make an impression, then Williams will redshirt.

5. Potted Plant

Potted Plant Founding Member

If Chad Jones joins the team, he'll play early and often. Francois will play, at least on special teams. Ron Brooks will play. I think all OLs redshirt.

6. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Ridley really was playing with kids. Their competition sucks. But he is the real deal.

7. Lprimo

Lprimo Pimpin Aint Easy

Ridley would make a Hell of a FullBack, or Outside LB...he would be hell to block.

8. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Considering he has been there since January, I doubt Barksdale redshirts...

9. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Eugene will get many looks on special teams, along with reps in Dime packages.Miles mentioned him returning kicks and punts next year. Guess it depends on how much Trindon gets the ball on offense. I think Early and Trindon will be used sparingly as the season goes on to prevent injuries.
    I am also hearing that Williams is turning heads so far and might get his chance early in the year to see what he can do. If he needs more time to develop they will probably throw a redshirt on him. I think he will be special down the road.

10. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

T-Bob had surgery on his shoulder (can't recall which one....) after his high school season was over. THe fact that he waited to have it done AFTER the season was over tells me it isn't serious and he should be fine come fall practice....BUT....even though his shoulder should be well enough for him to resume contact, there's a big jump from high school to college, and even if he were unable to work out for just a couple of weeks rehabbing still means that he's a little behind.

Personally, I'd prefer to see Hebert take the opportunity to redshirt this season...unless there are unfortunate injuries along the O-line that would force him into action.