I'm tired of the officiating doesnt matter bs...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by FortWorthTiger, Sep 16, 2006.

1. FortWorthTiger

FortWorthTiger Founding Member

In a 4 pt game 3-4 bad calls absolutely make all the difference. Its great and all for the hoorah we should have bs. .. but if both teams play their heart out, those calls make the difference, and we were let down by 3-4 bad calls that changed the outcome of the game. It is Horse and Sh It.

2. medtiger

medtiger Founding Member

totally agree.

3. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

We'll get an apology tomorrow. and still lose
    I'm going watch a movie where Salma Hayek gets naked.

4. Purple & Gold

Purple & Gold Founding Member

In a game between two awesome and evenly matched teams like LSU and AU officiating takes on a crucial role. It is utter nonsense to suggest otherwise....you cannot analyse the game without taking into consideration the impact of the officiating. Like they are saying on ESPN, it is a shame that a game of this magnitude was decided by officiating.

Does not take away from the fact that AU played hard and deserves credit for playing perhaps the best game that can be played against LSU....LSU should have left with the W, however.

5. FortWorthTiger

FortWorthTiger Founding Member

best reply ever

6. medtiger

medtiger Founding Member

Yeah, I love when about Monday or Tuesday you hear..."The SEC officiating office admits that there were some incorrect calls".

Doesn't really change much at that point. How about some financial compensation for the loss of money that we won't get since we won't be in the BCS.

7. ChineseBandit

ChineseBandit Founding Member

I mean, you still have to coach your players and make them better. But you ALWAYS have to do that whether you win or lose. There's always some mistake that you can point to. The difference is that we WANT player's mistakes to be part of the game. We don't want ref mistakes to be. There is no "instant replay" that allows players a do over if they screw up the first time nor should there be.

8. meauxjeaux2

meauxjeaux2 Founding Member

If you want to get a real feel of how the rest of the nation feels about this game just listen to jim rome on monday and see what he says about the officiating.He hardly takes lsu's side but i got a feeling that's about to change.

9. LSUCrackfight

LSUCrackfight Founding Member

It sucks that a great game like this one was decided by the refs. The no-call pass interference at the end of the first half where LSU settled for the field goal. The holding call on Dyakowski in the 4th quarter on the pass the Dickson. I did not see holding on that play. Finally the pass interference-then no interference call really changed the game. If anything, they should have called defensive holding. I dont see how any ref could blow that call. Maybe LSU scores after that or maybe they dont, well never know.
    As for all of the negative posts about our QB, RB, OL, ect., I think is ridiculous. Yeah we sould have thrown the ball a little more but dam n dont just completely bash your team. Auburn is a great team(esp with K. Irons). I think a one loss team will get to play USC in the title game so dont write off LSU just yet. They have lost early and can still win out and have a chance. It just ticks me off when impatient, immature fans that think they know more football than they actually do write BS on the message boards.:laflagwav

:geauxtige

10. Perple

Perple Founding Member

I agree, and this is 2 times at Auburn where bad officiating has decided the game. The 2004 game had the ridiculous call that was only caled once (?) that enire year. This year..whole game was fixed, and that sucks for the players & the fans. Even the Auburn fans can't feel like they actually beat LSU legitimately, they will say they did, but deep down, they know differently. I hope Skip is on the phone with somebody.