I know it's early but.....

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by LaSalleAve, Feb 7, 2010.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

What is the biggest need for this team in the offseason and draft?

Defensive End? Outside Linebackers? More Corner Depth? Safety? Sharper isn't getting any younger. Thoughts?

2. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

DL 1st, DE 2nd

3. 100%TigerBred

100%TigerBred Founding Member

DE/OLB type hybrid someone who can rush the passer but also cover TE's. And also signing our free agents ie Sharper

4. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

Timmy!

5. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

ok, seriously, i need a rundown on players the saints might lose to FA.

but they clearly need a freeney and upgrade DBs. also another QB to groom if daniels isnt going to cut it. should probably draft another RB.

6. LaSalleAve

i think defensive end is the biggest need, Charles Grant won't be back, i also think OLB is a need because even though they make plays every once in awhile, Shanle and Fujita in my opinion aren't that good. Shanle will make a play on the ball every once in awhile. Also some depth at corner would be nice.

7. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

8. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

I think picking up a Sean Weatherspoon would improve the team at the OLB position and drafting dline will improve the defense as a whole Also draft a cornerback and a safety for Sharper to teach and groom. What's also important is the development of Chip Vaughn at SS and Stanley Arnoux as well. I also think Malcolm Jenkings should be moved to Free Safety as well especially if they don't draft one as well. They also need to get backup QB.

9. LaSalleAve

Jenkins had a pretty good game last night, i agree with you, i think he needs to be moved to SS.

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

shanle is very underrated. I used to think he was just a fill-in but he probably had the most postseason tackles before last night. either he or sharper id guess. hes very smart and important leader on the field.

and fujita is just working his way back. he was their best player on defense 2 years ago when he had absolutely no help up top. or upfront come to think of it.

harper seems to be the weak link. Always looks out of position on most plays while also missing a lot of tackles.

pretty sure he was sleeping when usama young gave up the td to garcon. he was there but never saw the play or helped out.

grant will be gone since the collective bargaining mess gives the saints an opportunity to dump him w/o it counting against the cap.

i think he is the longest tenured saint as well. mccray and hargrove played well but they need someone better.

juliius peppers can be had for a mere 22 mill. once bush and grant are gone they can afford him.