How the AP voters voted

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by red55, Sep 14, 2009.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Pollstalker

Herbstreit, Fowler, and Guilbeau think LSU is overrated.

2. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

shocker :lol:

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Craig James has us at 17. The AP is a joke, always has been, always will be.

4. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

honestly, we dont look like the number 9# and #7 team right now. Thats just my opinion.

5. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

You aren't alone.

4 writers had us at #5 which is just as puzzling.

Craig James vote is proof is he took too many helmet shots. :insane:

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I say we do look like the number 7 team in the nation. And if we dont, who does? The only team that looks really dominant is Florida, and who have they played this season? I have watched every other team in the top 10 play, and i haven't seen a dominant team yet other than the Gators. Its obvious the Big 12 is over rated. I think if UGA were to play Okie St. 10 times, UGA would win 7 or 8. We don't look great right now, but no one else does either, which is why i think we are right around 7 or 6.

7. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

i hate craig james, he's never liked LSU.

i don't put too much into the polls just yet.

the others don't really surprise me, that said, i can't fault anyone for thinking LSU is overrated if you had them as a top 10 team to start the year.

the tigers are winning ugly. take care of the pivotal games later in the season starting in october and then i'll worry about poll position.

8. Carface

Carface What the...?

Apparently this Adam Van Brimmer guy from the Savannah Morning News thinks LSU is the #25 team in the country. Nice.

9. BrettStah

BrettStah Tiger Fan

The problem is that there really shouldn't be any polls that actually matter released so early - wait until at least half the season is over.

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

technically this is correct but this is how it always goes. no one this early looks very proficient minus one or two teams. but since everyone has to be ranked somewhere and its somewhat of a future prediction, LSU is as good a bet as anyone to be among the top 10 once it plays out.

name 10 other teams that deserve to be there.

byu, cinci, cal, uf, usc, auburn, , texas, bama--although they were only up 6 at half to Fla International.

i think its natural to be more critical of your own team because you see all the minute details of what is missing. Whereas you basically just see the final scores and assume other teams are better but its not often the case.

almost every team is a work in progress. LSU is no different.

kinda how i see it. we arent great but we have as much potential as almost anyone currently.

looks like next year could be the year we really make a splash but you never know.