How Roger Ailes Built the Fox News Fear Factory

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by MLUTiger, Jun 11, 2011.

1. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Curious to see if the fans of Fox News rush in to point out how the article is coming from a liberal rag, that the owner is homosexual or the writer is just another left-wing hack instead of actually reading and (attempting) to refute his accusations. Not to worry; I'm prepared to be disappointed...

How Roger Ailes Built the Fox News Fear Factory | Rolling Stone Politics

Also from Tom Dickinson, The Spill, The Scandal and the President | Rolling Stone Politics

Both a good reads, make good points and provoke a little thinking which is always good...

2. martin

martin Banned Forever

well done, you uncovered some real info there. pat yourself on the back, media is slanted.

3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Next week we discover that dinosaurs once walked the earth.

4. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

I guess what I like most about FOX is how it drives liberals crazy. When they had the market cornered (ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN) and could spew their liberal crap they loved to say how they were the party of inclusion and how much they believed in free speech.

FOX comes along doing the same thing from the conservative standpoint and it absolutely kills the liberals. It's amazing how hypocritical they can be. It just has to burn them up to know FOX is kicking the liberal media's ass in the ratings. Looks like they got outFOXed!

[​IMG]

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Killing the messenger has always been a useless tactic.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

It's nothing new. Everyone knows that FOX is the Republican Party mouthpiece. The scary thing is that the party seem to be working for FOX instead of FOX working for the party. And that is a quote from Dubya's former speechwriter.

7. PURPLE TIGER

Agreed...I never thought "Fair and Balanced" referred to their overall coverage as much as it meant to balance out the liberal media.

I just enjoy when people discuss FOX while pretending ABC, CBS, NBC, and CNN are not slanted to the left.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

You might make a case for MSNBC and for CBS a decade ago. I can see no case at all to be made for CNN.

9. PURPLE TIGER

Take off the glasses and you'll see it. Being a Hillary supporter you're probably immune from seeing any slant on the Clinton News Network.

You didn't mention NBC. Are you serious that you can't see a liberal slant there? Be honest.

How can you say might for MSNBC? They make FOX look like angels.

If I'm reading you correctly...CNN is completely unbiased, ABC & NBC are almost always unbiased, CBS may have been a little biased a decade ago, and MSNBC might occasionally be biased while FOX News is ALWAYS horribly biased.

Think about that for a minute and try to convince yourself you're a pragmatic independent moderate.

1 person likes this.
  10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Fox is generally conservative but they are not a mouthpiece. They are not in the business of getting any particular individual elected. All others, including CNN, want Obama in office.

1 person likes this.