How Many Scholarships do we have left and who will get them???

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by TigerLifer3, Jan 22, 2004.

1. TigerLifer3

TigerLifer3 Founding Member

We now have 24 commitments, so that means we either have 3 or 4 left to hand out. anyone know how many players will be in this class??

this is who I think will get the last Scholarships.

1. Herman Johnson
    2. Xavier Carter
    3. Tony Bell
    4. Lavelle Hawkins (if we have 4 scholarships to hand out)

2. conradj

conradj Founding Member

Yep, thats how I would order them. We have a decent shot at Darity, but not overwhelming. Maybe Thaxton or the other LB (Bryant I believe). But those 4 are our best bet

3. celkin

celkin Founding Member

Yes i agree with those 4. I think we only have 3 left according to DandyDon, but the one recruit decommitting may have opened a door, i'm not sure. Anyways My Wish List would be in the following order:
    1XCarter
    2Hermon Johnson
    3Lavelle Hawkins
    4Tony Bell
    but i don't think we'll end up with X-Man and Lavelle. One of them is most likely waiting for the other to announce, if one announces first and its LSU, the other one will prob go somewhere else and opposite, but man would it be awesome to have a superbly stacked offensive weapon along with our defense. That said Tony Bell will prob end up at LSU over Lavelle, but that would still be grand. Any news on when any LSU prospects are supposed to announce.(carter,johnson,hawkins,Darity,Jones,reever,orBell)

4. Russell Durham

Russell Durham Founding Member

I agree it would be nice to hear from one of them. I am getting tired of hearing where everybody else is going. I wish Carter, Johnson, Bell and Hawkins would go ahead and say so already. Even though we only have three left we can still offer a few more because some of the ones we have will come to school on TOPS and some of the others will not qualify.

5. LSUHotdog

LSUHotdog Founding Member

Uh well, we can only do TOPS if the person is from Louisiana. None of the remaining people we are seeking are, so we only have the three left. I say Herm, Xman, and Bell. People like Richard can walk on like Zimmerman.
    Hey, can anyone tell me if Ali Highsmith counts against this years schollies, cause then we have only two I think?

6. Russell Durham

It does not have to be one of the ones that are left, it could be one of the guys already locked in from Louisiana. I think on DandyDon's commit list he does list Highsmith as in this year's class.

7. conradj

conradj Founding Member

Supposedly Saban talked to Hester about coming in on TOPS, but that is just a message board rumor I heard

8. Russell Durham

Heard the same thing.

9. Turbotigerfan

Turbotigerfan Founding Member

I highly doubt that rumor, what with Hester being a Texas commitment and then drumming up interest from OU and Miami, not to mention also Texas Tech.

10. Eleven

Eleven Founding Member

IMO, that would kind of be a slap in the face to Hester. he would have to really want to come to LSU bad to accept that offer....he can pretty much go to any school of his choice on a free ride.

only somebody like me would do something like that...