How in the heck...

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by Swerved, Jan 17, 2004.

1. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

... did USC pass us in recruiting... we were comfortably ahead on rivals.com last I checked... then I looked tonight and not no more... I assume the numbers will flip-flop a bit before it's over...

Geaux Tigers!

2. Eleven

Eleven Founding Member

those star things are fun and all....but i hate it when a recruit is a 3 star for his junior and most of his senior year...and then all the sudden in january he's bumped up to a 4 star.

ive seen several players this year get the bump....maybe SC had some like that.

i think XC might have gotten bumped up to a 5...ill have to check

3. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Also, not every recruit that we landed had been updated to the site (last I checked)...So that too, can have something to do with it.

4. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Man... Now 'SC is 400 points ahead of us. Last night they were less than 100. I smell something fishy here...

Geaux Tigers!

5. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

It's simple, look at the stars on their recruits, an incredible group they are bringing in. Hey losing Watson will actually help us in the recruiting rankings, except for Lemming as he has Watson rated as one of the best in the country.

6. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

USC had a couple of commits this past weekend, including one from Thomas Herring.

7. Turbotigerfan

Turbotigerfan Founding Member

I just looked at the USC commit list and they have signed 4 OL so far, three with 5 stars and 1 with 4 stars. That's frickin unreal!

8. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Rivals and Insiders both re-rank players at the end of their senior season after looking at their stats and getting new film. Newberg with Insiders said that they will be watching plenty of film from the senior seasons and one of the ones they raised was Favorite. So you should'nt "NOT LIKE" that as they are just trying to update their rankings and adjust for better or worse seasons. and it's fairly obvious when a recruit is rates 2 or 3 stars and then gets offers from the 10 best colleges in the country that their ranking was too low to begin with.

9. sstig

sstig Freshman

Let them win. Victories in February do not mean a thing. Just ask
    Mack Brown and the LongHorn faithful.

10. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

I used to feel that way, but I'm not so sure any more. I mean, can
    anyone deny that signing LaRon Landry away from Miami last February made a difference in the fall?