hottest sauce thread.

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by snorton938, Apr 5, 2004.

1. snorton938

snorton938 Founding Member

a buddy of mine turned me on to this hyperlink.....could this be the hottest sauce? if not, tell me yours since i love hot sauce and want to get to know them all... :grin:

http://www.pyrodiablo.com/

2. MiketheTiger69

MiketheTiger69 Founding Member

This may not be the hottest sauce but it surely is the best tasting and hot enough. It's made from the Habanero pepper. I've never seen it sold here in the states. It's called "Grace Hot Sauce" and made in Jamaica. Has the best flavor to it.

If you know anybody going to Jamaica or the Carribbean for vacation, be sure to tell them to bring you back a few bottles. You'll love it!

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

3. snorton938

why wait.....save the travel money and order on-line......see hyperlink below. :grin:

http://store.cubanfoodguy.com/product_info.php?products_id=80

4. snorton938

this is even a better hyperlink....it has cheaper prices i think. and has 3 oz and 6 oz bottles.

http://www.jamaicaplace.com/gourmet_peppersauce.htm

5. tygertail

tygertail Founding Member

i have a sauce that i bought but am a little scared to try. i had to sign a waiver to get it. it is called blair's 3am

6. MiketheTiger69

Thanks for the link! Don't know if anyones tried it, but that Pickapeppa Sauce is great too. Tastes like a hot A-1 sauce.

7. MiketheTiger69

The Habanero or Scotch Bonnet pepper is the hottest pepper you can get. This is probably what the stuff you have is made from So you just have to know how hot you can stand things. If not very hot, then just add a drop. Don't be afraid of the "signing a waiver" bit. That's just part of the advertising and fun. Just use caution and have some bread and milk handy.

I understand Japanese horseradish (wasabi) is pretty hot as well. So you might check to see if it's made from that but I don't know of any hot sauces made from that. good luck!

8. Obi-Wan Tiger

Obi-Wan Tiger Founding Member

Try Dave's Ultimate Insanity

I tried this stuff (and actually bought a bottle) in San Antonio. I was curious as to what was really hot because a lot of these sauces have catchy names like Ass Kickin, Hotter than Hell, etc, but aren't really that special. I asked the store owner what he had that was truly hot and he let me taste Dave's Ultimate Insanity. I wondered why he was putting a miniscule amount of it on a toothpick instead of a chip. Well, I quickly found out. Once I cooled off (after several minutes), I asked him truthfully, what can you use this stuff for? He said the proper way is to use a few drops in an ENTIRE pot of chili, gumbo, etc, but there was no way you could use it like say, Tabasco or LA Hot Sauce. Anyway, I bought it and when used properly, it adds an awesome kick to salsas, queso, etc. Give it a try.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I use Pickapeppa Sauce all the time and its not hot at all. Its tangy from the mangoes they use to make it with but no heat.

I have to question the use of pepper sauces so hot they would burn the tonsils of the devil himself. I can make anything as hot as anybody wants to eat with Tabasco.

I had a bottle of something called Ortego Sauce that was so hot that just a few drops made a big pot of gumbo too hot for anybody to eat. It was made in Ville Platte and it came in a green bottle with a picture of an old man with a long white beard on it. Anybody from the Ville Platte area know anything about it?