Hoops Recruiting (2010)

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by TGer'nLHornLand, Jun 27, 2008.

1. TGer'nLHornLand

TGer'nLHornLand Founding Member

Well, I know it's a little early but here's Rivals' first top 100 for the class of 2010. So far the only LA kid listed is Langston Galloway, but there are a ton of TX kids that CTJ and crew could be in on.

I have a feeling, it's like football, not a lot of love for LA hoops players yet at this stage, but there are some pretty good LA kids in the class of 2010...

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?SID=910&Year=2010&ra_key=1909

:geauxtige LSU IS A BASKETBALL SCHOOL. BE A PART OF THE TRENT JOHNSON ERA.

2. artichokes

artichokes Founding Member

3. TGer'nLHornLand

speaking of which...

http://www.2theadvocate.com/sports/22560759.html?showAll=y&c=y

I'm not sure I like the quote about him wanting more looks from other colleges. There's no doubt the new staff will try to cast a large net in recruiting, but bottomline is they have to be more effective in LA first and then cherrypick good kids in neighboring states.

4. mrgreen21

mrgreen21 Founding Member

Saw a few articles that lets me know that CTJ is doing what he said he would do:

Want to know how bad the LSU coaching staff wants Langston Galloway to be an LSU Tiger?

The first day collegiate coaches could contact Class of 2010 prospects was on June 15th.

Time of the call to Langston Galloway: 12:01 a.m.

Also: "They said that they want to build a powerhouse with Louisiana boys. They want to keep the best players in-state. They want a roster of at least 90-percent in-state kids."
    referring to Sulphur duo Matt LeBato and Chip Armelin

5. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

Sounds good to me, I hope he can start with Langston.

6. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

He said he was excited that LSU was the 1st to call but he said it was in the morning and other coaches called throughout the day.

From his update you can tell he is a big fan of LSU and really likes coachs Johnson and Guerinoni. Mentioned all the greats from Baton Rouge who landed with the Tigers and what a honor it would be to follow in their footsteps.

7. TGer'nLHornLand

Yeah, I think having a kid like that commit to your program would be huge. Unfortunately, 2010 seems like an eternity away at this point, and CTJ may have to sign up to five guys in the class of 2009.

So, expect the 2009 recruiting class to really lay the groundwork for 2010. It seems like right now these 2010 and beyond LA kids will really be watching what comes out of the program in the next year, and how kids like Chris Bass, Bo Spencer, play and improve.

What's clear to me is CTJ and staff are selling Louisiana first and selling "doing it the right way" and selling "LSU first". I think we may be seeing a 2009 class of some relatively unheard of or less highly ranked guys who really want to be at LSU, with hopefully some higher ranked guys who just buy into the philosophy sprinkled in.

With a solid showing next year, more established blueprint for CTJ's system, better LSU and Baton Rouge rallying around the new program, I have to think that these 2010 and 2011 LA kids will pay attention.

8. bhelmLSU

Another LA guy to keep an eye on is Markel Brown who attends Peabody Magnet in Alexandria.

Trent has been in contact with him and want to see him in person soon.

9. TGer'nLHornLand

Wow. According to something I read online, Markel Brown, has a 39.6 inch vertical. That's an athlete.

As for other musings, here's a blog I found that pretty much sums up the names being tossed around. A few of the names haven't made the hoops recruiting threads yet.

http://www.bayoubengalblog.com/

10. bhelmLSU

I enjoy reading that blog, he always has some good info you can't find on other sites.