Greetings

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by RollTideDieFran, Nov 12, 2003.

1. RollTideDieFran

RollTideDieFran Freshman

hey this is my first post on this board and would first like to say this is an awesome board and there are a lot of interesting topics of discussion on here. i guess the one thing that caught my eye was some peoples almost "hatred" toward bama. granted this is your board, but i was just curious when did this dislike start? i for one have never had anything bad to say about LSU and losing to them never left a sting in my body than say, an Aubie or Vol loss. just curious. but anyway awesome board and i hope to have more discussions with you even after this coming saturday. roll tide

2. LSUxFAN

LSUxFAN Founding Member

Well your a heated SEC rival for a many years and a many years to come. Then there is last years 31-0 spanking in Tiger Stadium topped with your ex-coach using false information to hype up the 'Bama team and then showing no class to Saban after the game. I know thats not your coach anymore but the memory still remains.

3. RollTideDieFran

RollTideDieFran Freshman

please for god sakes dont base anything alabama with the likes of fran. you think he screwed you guys over... just look at what hes done to us. granted i believe we are better than our record a few plays here and there and it could easily be 8-3, but anyway, i lived in louisiana untill i went to college and i think nothing but good of lsu fans and people in louisiana. i was just wondering if this is a personal vendetta with the coaches, fans, or what. but if all else fails we all hate auburn

4. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

Last year at this time Fran was the next Bear! Bama fans were defending his classless actions on the field after the game. We told you he was trash, but you guys had to wait to find out for yourselves.

5. RollTideDieFran

RollTideDieFran Freshman

hindsight is indeed 20/20

6. RollTideDieFran

RollTideDieFran Freshman

BTW i hear a lot of you say that we say "so and so is the next bear" or what have you, but i have never heard any bama fan SERIOUSLY say "this guy is bear bryant all over again". i have heard people say things like "with shula we will be good again in a few years", maybe im blind or something but ive never heard it and i live here so if you mind telling me where that comes from id appreciate it

7. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

Whatever last year Fran was the next bear. Tide fans were even mentioning the way he leaned against the goalposts during pregame warmups!

8. RollTideDieFran

RollTideDieFran Freshman

maybe that he looked like bear but not that he was going to be the next bear. that statement is taken out of context from the start. im just not seeing it.

9. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I don't hate Alabama, and my dad was a huge Bear Bryant fan--so we pulled for the Tide lots when I was a kid.

Personally, I hate the sanctions that have been handed down to Bama and feel they hurt the entire SEC.

I look forward to the day when your program is back near the top, but I don 't want that to start on Saturday night.

We're still stinging from last year, in particular Franphony's lack of class. I, certainly, enjoyed seeing him reamed 77-0 last week. He's a jerk--and your school with be better off with a true-crimson man like Mike Shula as your coach--as long as you can be patient with him through the next few lean years. Which is not to suggest that you won't win your share of games during this time--but again, we hope you don't come out on top on Saturday.

10. RollTideDieFran

RollTideDieFran Freshman

stacey very classy post! i agree with you 100 percent. i also enjoyed watching fran get killed. i hope that there is just a good safe game this saturday and all the tiger fans are safe on their trips!