Great Food by Accident

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by Bengal B, May 14, 2004.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Tonight I took a bag of frozen sac-au-lait filets out of the freezer and thawed them out. I wasn't expecting the great taste of fresh fish but anyway I was going to marinate them in Italian salad dressing but the bottle was almost empty. I poured what was left into the bag of fish and then started looking though my cabinet for additional marinade ingredients. I found a small nearly empty bottle of La Martinique True French Vinagrette that had some kind of cheese stuff in it so I poured it in. Still not enough to cover the fish so I kept seaching until I came across a bottle of T. Marzetti's Roasted Garlic Italian Vinagrette way in the back of the cabinet. I added a generous dose of garlic Tabasco Sauce and marinated for about 30 minutes. I had already mixed some milk and egg to dip them in but I decided not to use it and to coat the marinated filets in Cajunland Seasoned Fish Fry just as they were and to save the milk-egg mixture for a French Toast breakfast tommorrow. When I tasted the first filet out of the hot oil it was freakin' Awesome. I mean I have only fried maybe a few thousand pounds of fish before but these were just about the best ever despite the fact that they were frozen and not fresh.

Next time I'm going to marinate them in the same mixture and broil them in a garlicy butter sauce and top with a creamy crawfish topping.

2. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Where did you catch them sac-a-lait??????? Best eatin pan-fish out there. :) :) :)

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

In the spillway near Bayou Sorrell

4. Geauxld Member

Geauxld Member Founding Member

Fish

I agree sac-a-lait are delicious

5. shaqazoolu

shaqazoolu Concentrated Awesome

That sounds INCREDIBLY delicious....

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I made some of my great homemade chilli once. I usually just served it with saltines, but sometimes over rice or macaroni. Once I found myself without saltines, rice, or noodles and I made hash brown potatoes with grilled onions.

Let me tell you, ... chilli over hash browns is good! It's the only way I make it now. It's the favorite dish at hunting camp.

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

instead of adding here Im going to add a thread relating to this one on Discovered Foods.