FU makes us their homecoming game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tirk, Jul 7, 2017.

1. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

Free tiga !
    [​IMG]

Bayou Tiger likes this.
  2. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

We need drama until footbaw season starts, we're bored to death.

Brian likes this.
  3. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

So the inmates run the asylum. Gotcha

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

So go the days of our lives. Maybe you can be our guiding light.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
    lsu-i-like, Pjoe and Brian like this.
  5. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

That seems to happen a lot in here. :p

GiantDuckFan, shane0911, Pjoe and 3 others like this.
  6. Brian

Brian Founding Member

So whether or not someone is influenced by a culture is your determination. As well as whether they were of significance musically or not to a broad base of people. Okay. Got it. You're the authority.

It makes so much more sense now.

You know, if you actually had logic and reason to buoy your proclamations many here wouldn't consider you a mockery of a fan and a laughingstock of limitless proportion as you inflate the barometer post after post.

Many here have the capacity to dislike greatly Joe Alleva and the LSU administration (count me chief amongst them) and then separate that from whether or not the hires he made can or will be successful.

Most of his hires have been lackluster to be kind, and yet the last two show promise as any new hires often do.
    Does that mean if you don't actively besmirch them and run them down you're a Joe Alleva guy?

No.

I can support the people hired by people I do not like. It happens everyday in every walk of life.

Just like I don't particularly care for you, but I don't hold it against anyone you associate with or whom choose to associate with you. You only make yourself look bad, and that will always reflect upon those around you, by the way. So I can understand people being wary of any Alleva hire. Actively hating them and absurdly and with grandiose delusion propagating the very mediocre Les Miles regime at the end is pathetic.

Trying to squeeze out 10 wins from a cancelled game?

C'mon dude. Les got himself fired. He deserved to go out a better way, no doubt, but he played as much a part in getting fired when he did as anyone once he had an entire offseason to promote change and actually follow through.

The game passes by just about every legendary coach. Show me one where it doesn't. Father Time is undefeated in every sport and in every capacity that lies within them -- that includes coaching. Les' demise started when Saban embarrassed him and all of LSU and Louisiana in the title game in 2011, and it never got better.

If Les could not win it all with that team, well, why would you think he could ever do so again?

He had two of the NFL's brightest stars at wide receiver on the same team at LSU, and he still did not beat Alabama. Did not win an SEC title. Whereas once any bowl game and out of conference game was a guaranteed win -- no, it was no more. Clemson? Penn State? Notre Dame? Wisconsin?

Not to mention how mediocre we were within the SEC.

Les was as much a CEO coach as Ed will become. Les was terrible at clock management, terrible with timeouts, terrible in critical moments -- some of the biggest moments in LSU history came on last moment situations.

I frequented the USC boards for years. Game threads for LSU were highly popular.

The constant refrain? Les Miles wins again in absurd fashion in late game with no time left or a wild penalty (Demetrius Byrd, how about the Ole Miss too many players, etc) and they said LSU and Les had a million rabbits feet and we were the luckiest sob's around. I couldn't argue. It was pretty true. But luck always runs out. And it did for Les. Instead, we ended up on the wrong side of those things often.

The one brilliant thing I will give Les was his special teams trick play gambles -- he was exceptional in that area.

He was an amazing man, a wonderful leader, and I am proud as hell he was the face of my damn strong football team.

I'm also glad he's gone.

He has a chance -- should he truly wish to coach and compete at a high level again -- to self-evaluated and adapt to overcome. Evolve. And come back and show everyone that you're not too stubborn. You don't know it all. You can still learn. Your answers aren't the only answers.

Don't look now, but the guy sitting in his old office in Red Stick is actually a guy who had to do that very same thing.

He's got faults and flaws -- I think we all do -- and I support him and hope he does well. It's a fine substory he is from here, but that means little and won't mean anything if he doesn't perform. Just the same as Les had to do and ultimately failed to do. Coach O is not a savior. The program doesn't need saving. It needed evolution of ideas and different leadership. One that does not commit the players to 3.5 hour practices. Sometimes working harder isn't working smarter and this team against the Nick Saban teams had to get smarter with how they approach things. Time will tell if Ed is the man to steward that or not.

Why you choose to cut a man down for working to remedy his flaws and fight to get back to a place he once was and failed horribly at I do not know.

I do not know an LSU fan who doesn't respect the hell out of Les Miles and is not sincerely grateful.

Don't confuse wanting a man to be gone from his coaching position as wanting a man gone for who he is and what he represents. Just as you should not confuse a man of today who has walked countless miles and down a lot of lonely roads in self-examination and reparation to be the same individual he was a decade ago.

Neither Coach O nor Les Miles are the same coaches or men today they were five years prior let alone ten.

Adjust your lens, and you just might see clearly that fact that if you do not, you're exactly the person you are condemning Ed Orgeron to be even though he probably is not. And you seem to despise that about him. .

Perhaps you might want to fix that, lest you despise that very thing about yourself.

Reflection is a powerful thing.

Uncolored vision just as much so.

The choice is yours.

7. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

That might be the longest post I've read on the Net. IconLOL.gif

Richdog, lsu-i-like and GiantDuckFan like this.
  8. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

But a damn good one

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  9. kcal

kcal Founding Member

That was almost like...I could have said that if I thought of it

TigerTap likes this.
  10. Bayou Tiger

Bayou Tiger Founding Member

That's exactly what I was gone say.

TigerTap likes this.