From the mouths of Vets...

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Biggles, Feb 26, 2003.

1. Biggles

Biggles Founding Member

"I say to O'Reilly, Limbaugh, Hedgecock, Hannity, and all others like them
    haranguing for battle to put up or shut up. You guys had your chance to dress
    in a green suit and pick up a rifle for your country, and you passed on it.
    You chose to serve yourselves. Today you talk tough while reaping the wealth
    that this nation can give, and you never sacrificed a thing for this country,
    just for yourselves. In my opinion, you are no different than the man on the
    Titanic who put on a dress and climbed aboard a lifeboat."
    --Charles Henderson, a retired Marine Corps warrant officer

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

They are not "haranguing for battle" so much as they are speaking to the facts as they see them. Limbaugh, O'Reilly, Hannity, etc are more patriotic than any anti-war protester, celebrity or otherwise. I would prefer to hear someone who never served in the military speak out in support of our president than to have to listen to a million so-called veterans who give comfort to the enemy and, intentionally or otherwise, support the axis of evil that presents a clear and present danger to the safety and security of all Americans.

3. Biggles

Biggles Founding Member

would prefer to hear someone who never served in the military speak out in support o

Of course you would....(Why think for yourself...?)
    Tastes just like chicken....

4. SabanFan

Re: would prefer to hear someone who never served in the military speak out in support o

Huh??? How does that imply that I don't think for myself? I support and agree with the views of the Limbaugh's, O'Reillys and Hannitys. Your spokespersons include the Garafolos, Sarandons and Rosie O'Donnells who spout antiwar rhetoric and have no idea what they are talking about. Wake up and smell the coffee guys. It's the independent (conservative to those who disagree) media that John Q wants to hear. Fox News is #1. Donahue gets axed. Do you know why 8 Million anti war protesters showed up? They didn't have to go to work.

5. Latide97

Latide97 Founding Member

I totally agree with Saban Fan. If we don't fight the war in Iraq, its gonna be fought here. I think I will trust my President, and his staff of experts, rather than a tree-huggin, peacefreak, celebritywanna-be, liberal. I think we are all anti-war, I mean nobody likes war, but the protesters are anti-defense. We have got to stand up to our enemies. I like the term PATRIOTICALLY CHALLENGED rather than anti-war.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA

6. Biggles

Biggles Founding Member

Again you are incorrect....

Your spokespersons include the Garafolos, Sarandons and Rosie O'Donnells who spout antiwar rhetoric and have no idea what they are talking about.

But I don't expect much from sheep....

7. SabanFan

Frankly, Piggles, I am offended by the image you attach to your post. Your lack of respect for the presidency is indicative of your attitude toward the leaders who have to make the tough decisions. You and those like you truly disgust me. The soldiers on the ground in Iraq as we speak would not see the humor in your digs either.

8. Bestbank Tiger

Bestbank Tiger Founding Member

So you elephant men always respected and supported the President between 1993 and 2001?

Oh wait, let me guess--that was different.

9. SabanFan

I actually had respect for Clinton until he proved to everyone that his brain was in his crotch. After Monica, I'll admit I lost respect for the president, but not the Presidency.

10. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

If Alan Keyes had won the GOP nomination the U.S. would be problem free.