football stadium

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by spartancock, Feb 17, 2002.

1. spartancock

spartancock Guest

I'm a south carolina fan. I'm not here to flame you guys. I have a question. I plan to travel with the gamecocks when we play LSU, and I was wondering if you guys could tell me some good party spots out there. If you have any good recommendations on hotels, that would be cool too.
    By the way, congrats on beating Tenn. We HATE the Vols here at the gamecock nation.

Thanks

2. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

The Chimes

Gamecock! Of course you do not come to flame us here at our forum. We have much respect for you brave South Carolinians! We wish to face you for the SECCG in Atlanta in the future. Nothing would please us more than to see a new dominant power in the SEC East.

The Chimes is very near the LSU campus. This is a great party bar to go to. You will be wise to arrive there quite early if you wish to get near the bar on game day!

Of course, you must go home sad and broken-hearted after the game. I cannot believe that the Mighty Fighting Tigers of LSU might succumb to a rooster.

Bon Chance! Geaux Tigre!

3. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

Motels

Hello Cock ( enough said ) you really need to stay off Acadian Thruway that way you only need to drive up Acadian to the stadium it is very easy. The Hilton, Comfort Inn, La Quinta, there are others right there somebody else maybe able to help me with what else is right around Acadian.

I come into the Stadium this same way This is by far the easiest way that I have found.

ITS SO LOUD YOUR DEAF

4. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

What is the name of that hotel on Nicholson just north of campus? Many visiting teams and their fans stay there.

Chimes is great. Also Mike Anderson's south of campus. It is a good restaurant for seafood, but not really a "party spot" or bar.

Check back here again when football season starts and you will get plenty of advice.

5. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Louie's is on State St. just North of campus. Its very near Tiger Stadium. They have the REAL hash browns.

6. Tigernut4

Tigernut4 Founding Member

TJ's

if you want some good food before an asskickin go to TJ Ribs but its alaways packed with tiger fans. i ve had season tickets for 6 years there is no better resturant in Baton Rouge that TJ ribs

7. MikeBTigers

MikeBTigers Freshman

There is a new hotel just off the I-10/College Drive exit off Corporate Boulevard (new means 2000 or so). It a Best Western - Richmond Suites. It is a really nice hotel and one of the best values I've ever had. I was real surprised at how nice it was for only about $100 per night.

Avoid Ralph and Kakoos restaurant. Mike Anderson's is the best seafood in town. Chimes is definitely cool. Brewbachers has good poboys and sandwiches, etc.