Felt like the old days..

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by locoguano, Feb 22, 2005.

1. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

I've watched LSU basketball all my life... as with the NBA, i was spoiled as a child growing up watching the great basketball of the 80s.. i always complain that basketball has really lost most of its heart, especially in the pros (i still say its true) , but tonight i felt something i havent felt in a while.. the clinched stomach feeling that i get watching every LSU football game.. that feeling you get when there are some guys on the court that you can really get behind...

2. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

agreed

3. inNickwetrust

inNickwetrust Founding Member

tack and d mitch will need the extra day of rest because they shadowed steele and shelton tonight, those guys were absolutley shut down, how about my keys to win last night, tack needing to play the game of the year (check) d mitch finding his stroke(check) great perimeter d (check) key rebounds and quality minutes off the bench (BIG CHECK), im so ready to go to the p mac for vandy in 2 weeks to play for the sec west title GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

I know of an "old feeling" I'd like to get again when it comes to LSU basketball in March: that electric excitement that comes with a talented yet unappreciated bunch of Tigers make a run in the NCAAs.

These guys are finding ways to win in close ballgames. Knowing how to get to the line and knocking down those free throws (or, on a night like tonight, at least knock down those three-pointers)...well, we'll see soon enough if it's one and done or if we get a little mid-March excitement from someone other than the women's team or the baseball team this season. :thumb:

5. Carface

Carface What the...?

I had the same feeling I had at the end of the Oregon State game at the end of this one. I kept screaming "OH MY F--KING GOD!" and "HOLY S--T!"

6. bigbully

bigbully Founding Member

anybody else look up to the ceiling tonight to see if the Deaf Dome meter was there?

7. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

That comment brings back tons of memories! :bball: :bball: :bball: :bball:

8. olVENICEdog

olVENICEdog Founding Member

about time LSU let the white boy play.

9. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

hah.. yeah.. my hero when i was a kid playing ball was Ricky Blanton....