Favorite Christmas Movie and/or Quotes

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by orlandotiger, Dec 13, 2008.

1. orlandotiger

orlandotiger GEAUX TIGERS!

Well it is that time of year! We are bombarded by Christmas movies. I can't say I mind as I love them all but I think my favorite would have to be "Its a Wonderful Life" with a close second as "A Christmas Story".

I am watching the Grinch that Stole Christmas right now!

How about yours?

2. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

a christmas story. hands down favorite. love ralphie. tho when bundled up i resemble randy. :hihi:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. orlandotiger

I wetn to a Cleveland Browns game the year they got their team back and I KNOW I was Randy. I couldn't even get my beer to my mouth because I had so many layers on! And by the way even with all that I was still freezing!

What is your favorite quote from it? I was going to post that in the beginning but forgot!

4. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

A Christmas Carol with Alistar Sims. It is THE definitive version of the Dickens story.

5. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

cant pick just one. but some of them are:

"Only one thing in the world could've dragged me away from the soft glow of electric sex gleaming in the window."

"In the heat of battle my father wove a tapestry of obscenities that as far as we know is still hanging in space over Lake Michigan."

"Over the years I got to be quite a connoisseur of soap. Though my personal preference was for Lux, I found that Palmolive had a nice, piquant after-dinner flavor - heavy, but with a touch of mellow smoothness. Life Buoy, on the other hand... YECCHH!"

and the best exchange of the whole movie...

Flick: Are you kidding? Stick my tongue to that stupid pole? That's dumb!
    Schwartz: That's 'cause you know it'll stick!
    Flick: You're full of it!
    Schwartz: Oh yeah?
    Flick: Yeah!
    Schwartz: Well I double-DOG-dare ya!
    Ralphie as Adult: [narrating] NOW it was serious. A double-dog-dare. What else was there but a "triple dare ya"? And then, the coup de grace of all dares, the sinister triple-dog-dare.
    Schwartz: I TRIPLE-dog-dare ya!
    Ralphie as Adult: [narrating] Schwartz created a slight breach of etiquette by skipping the triple dare and going right for the throat!

6. TigerFanNTenn

TigerFanNTenn Founding Member

You guys are gonna think there's something wrong with me, but I cannot stand "A Christmas Story." That movie makes my skin crawl. I've seen it so many times though that I know what part of the movie every line you've quoted comes from. My stepmom watched it EVERY time it was on and my husband now makes a point to see it at minimum once a year.

7. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

"Yippie-ki-yay, motherf*cker"

1 person likes this.
  8. orlandotiger

My favortie right there! Although for a different situation I can remember my father doing this also trying to get the tree straight for my Mom, he is under the tree while Mom looks at it from every direction. Finally he thinks he got it right and she says "You know what? Maybe we should take the tree back down, bring it outside and shave the bottom some more. Then see what happens." LOL!!! My dad would start to cussing to levels I didn't know could happen, but he did it and our tree was always perfect!:)

9. StadiumSalute

StadiumSalute It's Gameday!

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation is by far my favorite. I've been introducing my daughter to the animated classics this year (Rudolph, Frosty, Charlie Brown, and the Grinch).

10. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Fred Claus ought to be a new classic. Pretty good flick.

Roudoulph is timeless, even for the new kids.