Errr, camp blocking? Mumme turns in LSU/Orge for... CAMP BLOCKING?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TerryP, Jun 15, 2017.

1. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I don't have a problem with these camps and overall, I think they end up with far more benefits than any potential drawbacks. I have no idea what Ed's motivation is but he definitely comes across a little silly on this, as does Mumme going to the NCAA. LSU is going to get players. These camps aren't going to change that.

Tiga is right....Saban is a whiner. Bama fans listen when he talks and a few folks at the NCAA but most of the rest of the country have reached well beyond saturation or interest and are doing this...
    [​IMG]
    Seriously, I can't even try to care what Saban says these days.

And yes, as Terry admitted, he can be intentionally snarky to posters. And yes, Terry, I think the snark-level has elevated with Bama's success. Winning does that.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Most likely to keep Tom Herman and Texas from getting any kind of foothold at all in Louisiana, or at least stifle it as much as possible. It's been quite a few years since the Horns were relevant with all Texas players. Herman sees what Saban has been able to do, especially in North Louisiana but also in Dutchtown which is practically in the shadows of Tiger Stadium. UT might have more resources than God but the still have to compete with aTm, Oklahoma & LSU for the creme de la creme of the Lone Star State's players. Also to a lesser extent Baylor and Texas Tech as well as Okie Light. LSU pretty much has talent rich Louisiana all to itself and Ed O wants to keep it that way. He won't be able to completely quash outsiders from recruiting but he can make it tougher for them. It's all about maintaining the competitive recruiting edge.

I applaud Oeaux for his efforts. He is doing exactly what I would do.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  3. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I don't think what he did will prevent much of anything. LSU has the history, the success, everything they need. This type of thing can come across as a lack of confidence from Ed that he can close the deal. And I don't think it helps his likability factor with high school coaches. I could totally be wrong and obviously out on the Left Coast my knowledge is minimal but I think you tend to catch more fish with a wider net.

4. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I like it; stay the fuck out with these satellite camps.

bowe and Bengal B like this.