Eric Edwards and Brady James

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LoyalBengal, Jan 25, 2007.

1. LoyalBengal

LoyalBengal Founding Member

I read Dandy Don's comment that although Edwards and James accompanied Nick Saban on recruiting visits, he is sure they still "bleed purple and gold." If they are recruiting against LSU how can he speak up for them? Am I missing something or is Dandy Don nuts?

2. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

I'm saying the latter.

3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

It's hard to swallow but I'm guessing even though they unoubtebly have a strong loyalty to LSU- their lives are "Once removed" with Edwards in Az and James in Tx- it made it just "Removed" enough for Saban to exploit the Coach/Player bond.

I know what I would have said, but many of these kids come to form a relationship with their coaches and they're like a surrogate father. I'd like to know how many times these men went to his office for advice, support, etc. and he was there for them (Why is it hard for me to type these words associating NS with these qualities??).

Am I disappointed? Yes.

Can I understand the position Nicky put them in? Yes.

Do I forgive them for it? Prolly later.

Who do I blame? You know that answer. He took advantage of them and before the Bama boys come on and say they're grown men, he earned the right to ask that of them with what he did for them....blah blah blah- Unless someone can show me where he's maintained contact with them, to me the bottom line is that he used them.

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Although I agree dandydon probably shouldn't bash ex-Tiger players, I don't get why he is defending them however.

He basically is saying "I know they mean well". WTF?

5. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

No offense Fishhead, but I know Don Long and the man is far from a "Nut". He understands too well the bonds between coaches and players and that's what he based his statement on.

He is as loyal an LSU fan as there is and is all about kids. He helped me with a kid at my school, Hansoni Alfred- #77 on his HS prospects list- and put in a lot of time (Emails, phone calls back and forth, reviewing a highlight film I sent him, etc) and this is the 77th kid on his list not in the top 25. He puts in a lot of time and travels far and wide to visit with and watch potential recruits on Friday nights.

He may not, in fact he's not, always be 100% correct with projections/predictions but he means well and is trying to get information to LSU fans. Whether he should print content without "Full proof" or not is a matter of opinion but even when he's wrong, he doesn't just pull things out of the sky. :thumb:

1 person likes this.
  6. DRC

DRC TigerNator

I posted a "WTF?" in the recruiting forum after reading that from DD. Sorry people but Edwards and James recruiting with Saban, and lets not kid ourselves...thats exactly what they were doing, is bush league.

1 person likes this.
  7. Lprimo

Lprimo Pimpin Aint Easy

Screw James, and Edwards, I'd never, ever, ever, help another team but LSU recruit players. I dont care if it was The Bear....now Curly Hallman...ummmm maybe.;o)

1 person likes this.
  8. lsugrad00

lsugrad00 Founding Member

James and Edward are dead to me.... You're a tiger or you're tiger bait.

1 person likes this.
  9. tenebrism

tenebrism Founding Member

ok, here's my problem with this board... and that other one.

it doesn't seem like people read very well. with the TT thing, dandydon never said tolliver would commit, he said he might commit. but of course, he was way wrong on saying... well what? that he might?

and this is what dd wrote today:

I received several emails Tuesday from readers very concerned that former LSU TE Eric Edwards accompanied Saban to Ouachita high school, and that former LSU LB Brady James accompanied Saban to Sterlington high school. Saban invited the two former LSU great players in an attempt to regain some of the credibility he lost after walking out on the Miami Dolphins after completing only two years of a five year contract and after blasting the news media for ten days about their questioning his interest in the Alabama job. Saban asking Edwards and James to accompany him had to put the two players in an awkward position because Saban was their head coach when LSU won the national title. I have no doubt in my mind that Eric Edwards and Brady James bleed purple and gold and accompanied Saban only out of respect for him.

nowhere does it say that edwards or james recruited for saban. NOWHERE. it just says that they were there, it makes sense considering it was edwards brother tyler that saban was there to see. nowhere has anybody said that they were recruiting for saban. they were there, their old coach was and one of their younger brothers was too. big whoop.

i am not an lsu alumn as a grad, but i will be for my masters and it makes me sick to see the shoddy reading skills exhibited by people. it's like y'all only see what you want to see.

the fact is dd gets as much stuff wrong as this board, other boards, mike scarborough, scout and rivals. give it a rest.

1 person likes this.
  10. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

tenebrism, the fact that James and Edwards "accompanied" Saban is enough.

what the hell else do you want that to imply? that they enjoy small talk with Saban whilst riding in a car with him? come on, dude, wake up.