Enough Already, Just Crown the SEC champion!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by red55, Jan 10, 2008.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Funny article. This guy says to fix the BCS, just crown the SEC champ as National Champion.

1 person likes this.
  2. phlashman

phlashman Founding Member

Red, that was pretty funny, and I know, this is all irony and word play by this guy, but probably not as far fetched as it sounds. Theres a real likelihood that an SEC team will be in the NCG again for the next few years. Beyond that, even if we do get a playoff system, I wonder how many times SEC teams would play each other for the Crystal etc. They had better be careful what they wish for, it may come back and bite them in the ass!:thumb:

3. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

yet even MORE evidence Auburn was the victim of the worse screwing in BCS history....
    OU had no business in that game...
    Sickens me and I am no Auburn fan but when a team goes UNDEFEATED in the SEC and is left out. Is stupid...

4. Gulf Coast Tige

Gulf Coast Tige Founding Member

If Auburn had been given their rightfull chance to play for a NC we might have 5 :crystal: in the SEC instead of just 4.

5. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

That's one way to look at it. In 2003, he acknowledged USC as having wins against 3 ranked opponents including Washington St (with a ?) but didn't mention our beating Auburn at their house.

In 2004 he claims we walked through a weak Pac10 that apparently included 7th ranked Cal and 15th ranked ASU not to mention VaTech in Virginia and beating both top rivals UCLA and ND.

You sure he doesn't have an AP vote? :yelwink2:

6. lsuownz

lsuownz Founding Member

7. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Not sure which team Auburn would have replaced. USC and Auburn both played VaTech that year. You at home and USC on the road. USC had a more convincing win. Plus the two prior wins that USC had vs Auburn in 2002 and 2003.

When comparing Oklahoma, I guess the polls/voters saw Bowling Green, Houston, and Oregon as a better SOS than Citadel, ULM, and LaTech.

BTW, it's not a facetious question, just really wondering what team you think.

8. msully

msully Founding Member

HE COULD BE RIGHT

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Please! Let's not use UCLA and Notre Dame to trumpet our greatness. That's not too far off from LSU claiming that wins over Tulane and
    Middle Tennessee shows we deserve our ranking.

Anyway, I'm sure we all appreciate your input. "We'll be right back but first, a word from the wannabes".

10. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

USC would have beaten Auburn by 50 unless Kenny Irons sweet talked them into taken it easy by giving them Starbursts.