Eddie Jordan is an assclown scumbag POS

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Bestbank Tiger, Jun 25, 2003.

1. Bestbank Tiger

Bestbank Tiger Founding Member

"Not enough evidence" to prosecute the dogfighting ring. I guess the fact that the cops caught them in the act, recovered a fighting dog, found the fighting ring full of blood, etc. just doesn't prove anything. We got another friggin' Connick on our hands for the next six years. Good to know our police officers are risking their lives for nothing.

2. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

This may be off the wall but is Jordan running for Gov? I thought I heard something about that..

3. Bestbank Tiger

Haven't heard anything about that. I doubt he'd jump in this late in the game--he'd be at too much of a $$$ disadvantage.

4. SouthLink02

Have you seen the commercials for this new guy running for Gov? Hell, I had forgotten the race was coming up...

Also, you not a big fan of the Connicks?

5. Bestbank Tiger

Well, I like Harry Jr.

But Harry Sr. is a crook and a bumbler. Thank GOd and Greyhound he's gone.

Who's the new guy running for Governor? The field's already narrowed some with Treen and Hollis dropping out and Hainkel expected to give up soon. I think that leaves 2 liberal Dems (Ieyoub and Leach), 2 conservative Dems (Blanco and Ewing), and 3 Repubs (Blossman, Jindal, and Kyle). But I might be missing someone.

6. SouthLink02

Blossman, that's it. I have seen his commercial like 3-4 times already. I don't agree with much he has done or says though..

7. SouthLink02

Ike Spears, lol :dis: :dis:

8. Bestbank Tiger

TUWho, are you sure Kyle has a chance? His poll numbers haven't been too good, and Jindal and Downer (I knew I was missing one) seem to be the leading Republicans.

That Jamie Foxx bit is also disgusting. Maybe I'll assault a couple LAPD officers and say I didn't know they were cops. I wonder how far that will get me??

9. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

My take on the governor's race: Finally, some qualified candidates! Boy have we come a long way since having to pick between Duke and Edwards.

Okay, so anyway, I think everyone on this board knows by now I'm a pretty hard-line, red-meat, gun-toting, Bible-thumping, Christian Coalition-style Republican. But I'm flexible sometimes. That's why come November, barring unforeseen catastrophe, I'm voting for Randy Ewing. Yes, you heard right, yours truly is supporting an evil DEMON-crat for the Governor's Mansion. How could I do such a thing? Well, all politics is local, and Ewing is from my hometown, but it's more than that. He had a good record as a state senator, strikes me as a pretty honest guy, and I think he has a better chance at moving things forward. I think what we most need is a guy who is willing to go out of his way and make the reforms necessary to bring new jobs and industries to Louisiana. It is well-known that Mike Foster's obstinate refusal to travel outside the state and make changes to state law that would lower corporate taxes and the cost of doing business in this state put Louisiana out of the running as a possible location for several factories (like the Nissan plant in Mississippi). Ewing has talked repeatedly in the past about the necessity of doing two things to raise Louisiana up; attracting new industry and economic capital to the state and improving education. That's exactly what I think, and I trust him pretty well. So that's what I'll do. He's also NOT a slimeball, and we need to continue to have non-slimeballs in the Governor's Mansion. He's a good, honest man with a good record. Widely recognized throughout the state as one of the good guys. Plus, it's been awhile since we've had a North Louisiana governor. We folks living north of Alexandria are starting to feel neglected again. We want a bigger cut of the state budget pie.

But, if Ewing is somehow "tainted," I have no qualms at all about Dan Kyle being governor, namely because I know he will do two things Ewing won't; first, he will CLEAN HOUSE! He will hang dirty politicians and hang 'em high. We need more of that in Louisiana. There is still too much fraud and waste in our state govt. and it needs to be dealt with severely. Second, he will take a meat cleaver to the state budget. State budget has spiraled out of control since Foster came in (this is why I have always said Foster is a Republican only on social issues; fiscally, he is a tax-and-spend liberal). We're now over $16 billion. There is no way a state as small as Louisiana should have a $16 billion budget. Colorado, a state roughly the same population and slightly larger geographically, has only a $5 billion budget. We need serious cuts, and a hard-nose budget hawk like Kyle will do that. Now unfortunately, that means a lot of those touchy-feely, liberal social programs and a lot of the Legislature's pet projects are going to get defunded, but judging from the pathetic condition our state is in, we obviously weren't getting our money's worth anyway. If Kyle is elected, he has my blessing to gut state govt.

Bobby Jindal has amazing potential, but he's just a little too wet behind the ears for my tastes. I'd like him to get a little more experience, possibly as a legislator, before getting in the big chair. I know he's a bright guy though, and we sorely need people like him to be involved in making our state better. I would expect him to run on a platform of strengthening education, but aren't all the candidates? He needs something to set him apart.

All the rest of the candidates are either certifiable nutjobs or old retreads from the very distant past. The three I mentioned are probably the only three that will be taken seriously when the race gets hot in September.

10. SouthLink02

wow. I saw the video about Foxx tonight on Channel 3. What a freakin piece of total garbage.