Early Doucet?

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by areed7, Aug 8, 2008.

1. areed7

areed7 Founding Member

I'm feeling kind of lazy (and tired) and don't want to research for myself...
    Any reason Early had no receptions tonight in the preseason game?
    Is he hurt? In the doghouse? Did he even play against the Saints?

TIA

2. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Hamstring again.

http://mvn.com/nfl-cardinals/2008/08/07/cardinals-take-loss-in-first-preseason-game/

2 people like this.
  3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Ali Highsmith is gonna make every other team in the NFL upset they didn't draft him.

Good for him.

4. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

Agree. Still upset as bad as the Saints need linebackers that they didn't sign him as an UDFA.

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

no preaching to the choir.

6. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Hmmm...who's this Highsmith? Oh, wait, he's that really SLOW guy from LSU...

Seriously, sometimes the pros should rely a bit more on game film from guys from top schools. This past draft, it seemed like the boys from "Bumbleville State" were getting far more consideration than they should've, all from good combines. There is more to being a football player than being a workout warrior.

On "Hard Knocks" Wednesday night, they profiled some kid trying to make WR with the Boys. He was on the Giants practice squad last year, but was cut. Where did he play college ball?

Nope, he didn't PLAY college ball at all; he was a basketball player, but he went to a pro day, looked good, and was picked up.

Sorry, guys, end of rant...and it sucks that Doucet's hamstring injury is still a problem. It's not surprising, though, because my dad said he pulled his in practice his senior year in college, and it bothers him from time to time to this day (he's 67.)