Draw your own conclusions:

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SabanFan, Oct 23, 2006.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Below are a few posts from pre-season threads:

2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Good post. :thumb:

So where's all the discontent coming from? Other than the fact that nobody likes to lose.

I was just disgusted with the way we lost in the two games we didn't win. When you play your best and lose that's one thing but Florida game we didn't play our best.

3. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

Wow! Who posted this one?
    I hope he's/she's right about the Tenn game. I'm going! Bought my tix from a high school classmate yesterday.

4. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

What's your point? If you're trying to say that the record is about what everyone expected at this point your right. If you're saying that everyone expected for LSU's offense to do nothing against AU and then the whole team implode against UF your probably wrong. I don't think a large amount of posters are complaining about having two losses as much as the way we lost and being left with the feeling that both of those games were very winable had LSU shown up with it's A game. No shame in two losses in the SEC with our schedule, the way the team played against Florida is shameful to say the least.

5. SabanFan

What part of "Draw your own conclusions" didn't you understand?

6. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

What part of what's your point did you not understand? So someone posted that we would have two losses, so what there were many posts predicting many records so again what's your point?

7. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

Let's just say we could easily lose 2 of the next 4 games based on our road performance thus far.

8. SabanFan

It's kind of obvious, don't you think? I did not stress a point since I wanted readers to get what they wanted to out of it. If you insist on my spelling it out for you, my point is that this season is shaping up exactly as a lot of people thought it might. A loss is a loss. Yes, we played like crap against Florida but that's part of what makes playing a good team on the road a tough proposition. We got hosed at Auburn, again, a hazard of going on the road. Nobody has to be happy about it, but, it is what it is.

9. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

That certainly could happen. For some reason, I'm more concerned about the Hogs than Tenn. We owe Tenn. one after last season. I'm sure that game left a bad taste in our players' mouths. It will nice to have a week off.

10. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Gotcha. :thumb:

I'm going to be optimistic and count on everything to come together and believe our althletes perform to the level for those road games. With two weeks for Tenn. we should be able to pick apart their weaknesses. (Actually should be able to do it even with one week but an extra week should be a big help for our coaches to prepare).

Nobody is talking about Bama. They worry me a little.