Domenic Natale commits to Michigan State over LSU and Rutgers

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by Ralph_Wiggum, Aug 7, 2004.

1. Ralph_Wiggum

Ralph_Wiggum Founding Member

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Who cares....seriously.

LSU only has about 10 scholarships left to hand out, they sure aren't gonna hand them out to a marginal player such as this.

3. Ralph_Wiggum

LSU offered him a scholarship. Nick Saban is a pretty good judge talent. If Nick wanted him, I imagine he is good and has potential.

4. LSUHotdog

LSUHotdog Founding Member

Anyone understand why so many top recruits, especially QB's are commiting so early?

5. Ralph_Wiggum

Often a coaching staff will tell a qb, if you commit now we won't offer anyone else--you'll be the only qb in this class. If a team is deep in qbs they can do that. They tend to commit earlier up North. Joe Paterno is the one who started this oral committment thing. PSU was the first to ask kids to make an oral committment.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

If he is so good then why were the only schools in the running besides LSU a wannabe Big 11 team like Michigan State and a never will be like Rutgers.

7. Ralph_Wiggum

Yup, I guess you're right. This is a clear sign that Nick isn't interested in recruiting good players anymore since he offered an LSU scholarship to a player who is clearly not up to LSU standards like the players brought in by Curley and Gerry. I guess this is clearly a sign of coach Saban's disinterest which means he's already looking ahead to the NFL and not really caring about the QB position at LSU.

8. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I think his trip had less to do with it than the depth chart did. LSU will have a hard time finding a big time QB to sign this season, but should have an easier job of it next season. We have two big time QB's that are only redshirt freshmen now but would have two years in the program more than anyone we signed this year. That would be hard for anyone to compete with. However someone that signed next next year and took a redshirt would be eligible in Russel and Flynns senior season which would be much more attractive to a recruit IMO.

9. BrettStah

BrettStah Tiger Fan

I can think of some possibilities... first, he may have a good relationship with Saban or Bobby Williams, and of course both Saban and Bobby Williams coached at Michigan State. (This is how we got Matt Mauck, of course... Saban had recruited him while Saban was at Michigan State). Second, he may have a relative (father, uncle, etc.) who went to Rutgers, or he may have grown up being a Rutgers fan (it could happen), or, of course, like the first scenario, there could be a former Michigan State coach that's now at Rutgers.