Does it have to be black or white?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUTiga, Nov 19, 2006.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Personally, I like a lot of things about Miles yet, at the same time, I still have some reservations about some things that have yet to be answered for me. Overall, he definitely gets the nod from me because, bottom line, he’s produced “Ws’”. In addition to winning, some other things I really like about him is his class- no player arrests (that I know of) so far, family oriented, great recruiter (I think better than Saban), and sincerely cares about LSU and his players.

I do still wonder about his mental approach to, and how he prepares for games and I can go back to the Peach Bowl last year with the Cotton Bowl crap.....maybe that wasn’t his doing but I would have stood my ground and said I had a game to prepare for. We seemed unfocused for Fla. and during that week he seemed low-keyed and made the comment to the affect that it was not a big game. He may have been trying to down-play it to keep players from getting worked up but sheez. Ole Miss last night- which I did take for granted we’d cruise but had I been the Coach I promise I would have been harping differently.

It was broadcast last night that his halftime talk was along the lines that, “We can’t disappoint our Seniors”. Obviously, I wasn’t in the locker room, but if that was even mentioned, that’s bush league and sounds like someone who is dumbfounded. The coach needed to be in some faces and calling some people out and preaching accountability.

I like, have supported, and still support Russell but (even though the whole team was lax) maybe put Flynn in to begin the second half- wouldn’t have been worse). I don’t normally advocate that but have seen it provide a spark on more than one occasion. We won so he made the right choices but just like the Auburn game, if it’s not working, adjust, and/or change.

Now here’s the point I wanted to make: Just like fisherman talk about the “One that got away”, even if they win the tournament; or duck hunters leave the blind with a limit of ducks and talk about the pintails that they couldn’t get to decoy, so it is with college football fans talking about their coach after the game.

Why is it that we can’t be happy and still question coaches, play-calls, position assignments, etc. As soon as the smallest criticism is mentioned (constructive or not) the same sunshine pumpers interpret it as not being loyal. On the flip, when others try to point out the positives to counter, they get the koolaid crap. There are LSU fans who tend to point out negatives but others who are just as far at the other end of the spectrum and never admit to areas of concern- they can be just as annoying to the other. Are they any more of a fan because they’re always on the “Up” side?

Are we supposed to watch our team like we are oblivious to the “Game within the game” and just look at the scoreboard. One reason I enjoy this forum is because I learn a lot from both pessimistic fans and optimistic fans. Many here point our things that I miss during a game. I tend to watch a little more passively during the game, but it is possible to be a diehard fan and still question our coaches’. It doesn’t have to be black or white, at the end of the day, we all pull for the Tigers.

Just my thoughts on what I’ve observed the last 15 hours. Hammer away. :thumb:

2. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

You got it my friend. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Me personally, I don't look at stats, that's for fantasy football. I look at all the intangibles that determine the outcome of the game.

3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

You must be sick with your Saints today huh?

4. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

yeah, they stunk it up today. the loss of Colston really hurt us today.

5. qball316

qball316 Founding Member

I agree with you and Tiga. As a longtime fan of the saints, and im sure some of the older tiger fans can remember in LSUs late 80s/early 90s, when things stunk, you learned to look at more than the score or the stats. You look at how your team played, how your team reacted to adversity, and so on and so forth. If I defended the play of my team when they were 3-13, that makes me a "sugar coater". If I critisized the play of my team when they were 13-3 that makes me an Idiot/pessimist/close minded fan? Bottom line, We all love the Tigers thick and thin.

6. Cajunboy97

Cajunboy97 Founding Member

Totally agreed w/ you Lsutiga.

If we didn't care - we wouldn't said anything (like vandy or kentucky forum). I rather hear different opinion than a quiet forum. Sure the expectations are higher now - but why shouldn't it be. I saw LSU footballs back in the 80s and went to school in the 90s. I really don't want this program to go back to those days. I'm in the Carolinas. And when people hear I went to LSU - they all have a high respect for LSU (football anyway). These last few years have done wonders - everyone around here considers LSU as a top program. Somethings Miles does, I'm still wondering. But at least he wins the game he should. Now, he needs to win the big ones also... Beat Arky - win the big bowl (maybe USC in the Rose Bowl??? How frinkin great would that be - again, none of this was possible w/o the impression of how ppl see LSU right now as a top program) And next year - the real test - a favorbale home schedule. :geauxtige

7. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

Some people on this board are scaried of different opinions then their own.

And if teams did not try to improve after wins then they will lose sooner or later.

8. meauxjeaux2

meauxjeaux2 Founding Member

Great post katt.I just moved myself to contributer status so I could use the forums full system just so I could give rep to posts like yours.

9. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

Welcome to the fold. Now we have to shave your head, and teach you the gang signs.:geauxtige

10. tygertail

tygertail Founding Member

You are exactly right. Some people even give you some red if they do not like what you are saying which I find really funny. I guess I won't be able to sleep tonight.

I think that is this is the most logical sober post I have heard since yesterday. God knows I wasn't sober when I posted my stuff after the game.