Does anyone know why we are not recruiting Jakouri Williams?

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by max, Jan 13, 2004.

1. max

max Founding Member

I have seen listed as a Top 100 recruit by multiple services all along and he is from Plaquemine. Does anyone know why we are not going after him more strongly? Grades, attitude, talent eval, or does he just not want to go to LSU?

Anyone know about Nader Abdulah from Metaire? He is a top 100 recruit for ESPN. Same question, why aren't we going after him?

P.S.: I hope that one of the freshmen beats out Randall, or Randall makes the greatest one year transformation I have ever seen?

2. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

Nader was on the radar screen early on in the recruiting process, but I think the coaches just felt that they had better shots at landing what they feel are better prospects. We were able to land Claude Wroten(5 star JUCO), Marlon Favorite (#7 DT), Glenn Dorsey(5 Star HS), and Charles Alexander (#38 DT). Nader is ranked as the #40 DT. These rankings are according to The Insiders. As far as Williams is concerned. We already have a logjam at RB, and it appeared Saban and Co. weren't interested in Williams from the get-go. I'll trust Saban on this one.

3. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Williams was recruited mostly through the mail by LSU as a slot receiver/kick retuner and he was not offered by LSU. For some reason Nick doesn't seem to interested in him. He didn't have a real stellar senior season as he missed 2 games and only average about 100 yards a game. He is rated number 7 in the country though by insiders and that other guy Max E. based in Covington rated him as a 5 star also. He has been offered by a whole host of big schools, but not LSU, Florida, USC, OU, Miami or FSU, the biggest schools along with us.

4. TigerLifer3

TigerLifer3 Founding Member

The Main Reason why we aren't recruiting him is because he has a GPA of 2.2 I seen this earlier today on War Eagle Nation, since the Aubbies are recruiting him. Always need he had grade issues but dang. They have since Deleted the thread so no link is available.

5. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

JaKouri Williams is coached by an BIGTIME Anti-LSU coach...

He's the guy that routed Anthony Thomas from Winfield to Michigan, and also another safety that played for them that went to Michigan.

He also steered the NFL return man (I forget his name) to UL-L in exchange for a college position coaching job back when he was coaching the future NFL returner.

Every year, he speaks with a position coach at Michigan whom he's very good friends with, and he lets Big Blue know about any and all recruits in his area, which is now the West Side and South Central Louisiana and somewhat of the BR area...He basically recruits against LSU by putting them down.

This guy also has questionable character as a coach...

He loaded up on creampuffs and let the Green Devils of Plaquemine get big fat pretty 10-0 records in Williams Sophomore and Junior Years, by playing really poor, lower class opponents.

They responded by losing out in the first round of the playoffs in both of those years.

This year, he loaded up the schedule with decent teams, and ended up with a sub-par record.

The questionable character, however, comes from his response to the reasoning for loading his schedule up (to improve his power rating). He beat a Baker team and was running two point conversions up 60+ points this season. ON THE ROAD.

He answered his critics by explaining very stand offishly that, "We don't have a kicker, we have to go for two,"...

Earth to Coach...When you're up SIXTY POINTS IN THE SECOND HALF, THAT'S WHEN YOU START LETTING GUYS TRY TO LEARN HOW TO KICK IN A GAME SITUATION!

I lost a lot of respect for him early on in the season after speaking to him, and then later after hearing some other information about him and his past treatment of LSU.

After finding out about that game where they were going for 2 in the 4th quarter, I wrote him off completely.

When speaking about JaKouri Williams, though, he's actually an excellent prospect, if you ask me.

He played wideout his sophomore year, and played tailback part-time last year. He was at RB fulltime this year, but to be honest, the kid just turned 17 in October!

His upside is UNREAL! He played a large portion of the high school season as a 16 year old high school senior! He's got LOTS of room to put on weight, get faster, and mature as a student, most importantly.

I think Williams wanted to play tailback very badly, and I also think the glut of talent at the skill positions, as well as Williams academic struggles (He'll probably end up eligible), topped off with the poor character guy that's coaching him have pushed him away from LSU.

I hate to lose him, as I think he could be a faster Randall Gay or a quicker, albeit perhaps smaller version of Skyler Green, but to try to fight his coach on this one is a joke...

6. LSURance

LSURance Freshman

I read somewhere that J. Williams had "character" issues & Saban had no interest....

7. BigJ4LSU

BigJ4LSU Founding Member

Plaquemine's coach is a dick the week after he ran that score up we whipped his ass and he accused us of running the score up....dumbass.

8. TigerLifer3

TigerLifer3 Founding Member

BigJ which school do you play for?? Just Curious.

9. BigJ4LSU

BigJ4LSU Founding Member

10. alaman

alaman Founding Member

Saban does not recruit players

who will not be eligible and is also not as good as the running backs or wide receivers he has or will commit.