Did you guys think the game was lost when...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CajunPunk, Dec 3, 2005.

1. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

:lsup: LSU! :lsup: LSU! :lsup: LSU! :lsup: LSU! :lsup: LSU! :lsup: :lsup: LSU! ​

A couple notes to start with:

1. My dad has been a hardcore Tiger fan since like '66, when he was 6. Now, after years of seeing LSU crumble and hire horrible coaches, he is the most critical and negative person to watch the game with. The whole substance of his speech during a game is, "Man, this might be a blow out," or, "LSU sucks," or when they score, "Well, at least it won't be a shut out." I get angry and stay enitrely positive.

2. We moved to San Jose, Ca. a couple of years ago, so I'm definitely NOT a bandwagoner. I pull for LSU through the rough times, no matter the poor hiring and firing of coaches. I flaunt the purple and gold everywhere I go, including the college I am attending, no matter how tough or pitiful a loss.

Main Point:

With all that being said, tonight loss was pretty sad. Their season was one of several close-call victories, and one rediculous defeat. But all in all, I'm proud of our boys, not the coaching staff.

The only light spot of the coaching staff seems to be on the defensive side of the ball, but those guys have a heck of a lot of talent to work with, which makes them look pretty good.

So, to revert back to my topic statement/question of "Did you guys think the game was lost when..." I must say finish it like this:

... when the Tigers had the ball inside their own 15, with it 3rd and 23, and they ran that stupid RB smash? It wasn't even off tackle, but off guard and up the middle. This is giving up the momentum the defense delivered and cowarding all together.

Jimbo Fisher should legally change his name to Dumbo Fisher. It was because of the immense talent and stellar productivity of players like, Davey, Mauck, Clayton, Henderson, D. Davis, Toefield, etc., that this guy is respected. to me, it seems as though his playcalling has come back to bite him.

Okay, enough venting... I'm done.

:lsup: LSU! :lsup: LSU! :lsup: LSU! :lsup: LSU! :lsup: LSU! :lsup: :lsup: LSU! ​

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Well, we tried passing inside the 15 and threw an interception that was returned for a TD. Did you like that better?

3. danthetigerfan

danthetigerfan Founding Member

Yes I cursed my Tv on that play! That is a "please dont beat me bad play"

4. CajunPunk

Dude, when was that INT thrown? The 4th quarter with an inexperienced substitute QB? I'm all for trickery and running on 3rd down, but on 3rd and 23?

What happened to that quick slant they run with Skyler Green that usually picks up yards? He starts with a little and usually picks up a nice chuck of space. That would have been better. 4th and 15 would have been better than 4th and 25. That's a MO-killer.

:lsup: LSU! :lsup: LSU! :lsup: LSU! LSU! :lsup: LSU! LSU! :lsup: LSU! :lsup: LSU! ​

5. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

the only way your dad could be the most pessimistic person to watch the game with was if you and I were brothers and I know that ain't true. My dad holds that honor.

6. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

I thought that the game was lost at the moment that the score was 14 to nothing. I had a strong feeling that Georgia would never trail in the game after we opened very weak and inept (yet again) and went down by two touchdowns early.

We closed the gap to 14-7, and I became very excited, but, alas, it was just a mirage, and the blowout ensued.

#3 is blown out by #13 . . . how very sad for the fans and the players

7. CajunPunk

Hahaha... I'm glad I'm not alone. You know, as mad as I get with him, I can't blame him entirely. He sees the Miles era as being another Dinardo era. I can't say I disagree, but at least Les Miles is starting off on a better foot.

I heard he might coach for Michigan if they fire their coach. That could just be speculation, but who knows?

:lsup: LSU! :lsup: LSU! :lsup: LSU! :lsup: LSU! :lsup: LSU! :lsup: LSU! :lsup: ​

8. Purple Jungle

Purple Jungle Founding Member

The game was lost after the blocked punt and subsequent touchdown.

14-7 was workable, but 21-7 was too much especially with LSU's complete inability to run the football.

9. CajinTigah

CajinTigah Founding Member

Yes! For God's sake don't try anything risky, we might make a mistake and lose the game! Uh, wait, we did lose.

10. roygu

roygu Founding Member

We may not be very good but our special teams are great. Right?