Did we fill our biggest need?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Catdaddy, Feb 6, 2002.

1. Catdaddy

Catdaddy Freshman

:) Will last year's and this year's recruits help our pass defense?

2. Purple72

Purple72 Freshman

Your question is what Tiger fans need to be focused on instead of worrying about what some middle aged recruiting nerd "ranks" our class.

To answer your question, yes we filled our needs WELL. We got 5 DB's, 3 LB's, 5 DL, 6 OL, 1 QB, 4 RB, 2 WR.

We got a LOT of speed. Saban stated at the bash that we have a LOT of speed and talent on the team and that LSU will do what it has to do to get the ball into the "Playmakers" (my word not his) hands.

You're going to see some talent trying out new positions like Josh Reed did when there was a log jam at RB. That position change has really helped the players see the opportunity that lies in being open-minded enough to try different positions.

By addressing needs and not over loading on players for positions that already have log-jams, we're in a great position to land the bevy of Louisiana talent next year

3. puttytat

puttytat Founding Member

It may not rank as best in the nation

but this class definitely filled some holes that we needed to take care of. IMO, defensive and offensive linemen are not the glamour positions, and that is one of the reasons why we are not ranked in the top 10....so what. As far as LSU is concerned we needed this class. Most importantly, we need to make sure these players are acadamically qualified so the CAN play. This is a good, solid class....and we actually won't know just how talented until 3 years down the road.

4. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

SABAN DID A GREAT JOB

The one thing that stood out this year was Depth on the Offensive line and Speed in the Defensive Backfield. I feel that Saban addressed these needs on the OL this yr and last yr. and the speed in the Defensive Backfield was addressed this yr.

I also like the running back depth we now have 3 maybe 4 running backs that can play on anybodys team.

I posted in the wrong place the other night and this is what I posted. I feel even though we have 2 and 3 deep now at all positions on the OL. Center is still a positon that I am worried about Wilkerson was not ready to start this past yr but the Coach started him. Thank God for a player like Rob Sale who moved from his starting Position because no one could play center then they made him backup to Wilkerson. Wilkerson I hope will be stronger this yr but we still only have 1 true center on the whole team with Rob playing out of position. If I might add very well out of position.

I do feel in all Saban and the LSU Staff did a great Job. They should have done a little better in Texas but I am not complaining There is only one thing better than the SEC CHAMPIONSHIP. After we back this yr up with another SEC CHAMPIONSHIP they will come, they all will come.

ITS SO LOUD YOUR DEAF