Dick Cheney at LSU Graduation?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by tigerdoc88, May 10, 2003.

1. tigerdoc88

tigerdoc88 Founding Member

Graduating seniors at LSU have received e-mails informing them that they now have to pick up tickets for the main graduation ceremony at the PMAC. Also they are limited to four tickets apiece and everyone will be subject to extreme security measures. I have heard from several people that this is because Dick Cheney will be the commencement speaker. Whether you agree with his politics or not, it would be cool to have a sitting Vice President at graduation. I was wondering if anyone else had heard about this.

2. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Boy am I glad I'm only a junior.

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

So you would prefer to spend another year at college than attend your own graduation with a sitting Vice President of the United States? You'll make a wonderful liberal. Biggles: Get his resume.

4. LSUsupaFan

I'm no Liberal, I just don't have any respect for the man. He is crooked, and I really wish Bush would find a beter running mate.

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

OK. You've just maligned the VP of the US. How about some facts to back up your libelous accusation. I doubt that you have any. Typical ignorant comment.

6. JD

JD Founding Member

Would you feel the same and scold the man for veep gore? I think it's neat to have a veep as speaker, no matter how distasteful the veep is. Crook wouldn't be the word i'd choose for cheney - unethical might be -he may not have broken laws, but he sure is liberal with taxpayer money to his friends.

7. LSUsupaFan

How about an SEC investigation of Haliburton's accounting practices in the early 90's when Cheney was its CEO. I guess like Ken Ley(sp) he had no knowledge that his firm was illegaly recognizing revenues at inappropriate times.

8. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

Heard a rumor on another message board that President Bush, not Vice President Cheney, will be the commencement speaker. Can anyone confirm this? What have you guys heard?

9. JD

JD Founding Member

It's obvious that the feds have ordered complete hands off on the promoter of the sham known as Enron, and, to placate the masses, are overdoing it on Skilling. Sad, really. Lay belongs in prison.