Dear Mr. McDaniel

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TexasTigers, Feb 6, 2002.

1. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

I am saddened by your decision to turn your back and not honor a committment to a very honest man and probably one of the few coaches who treated you and your family with class.

I wish you the best. I understand you are a young boy and want to be with your "friend" you are a great talent. Unfortunatly you have chosen to attend a program that... well is not very good. But I will respect your decision. Enjoy burning wood and singing songs. By they way MOST A&M fans dont really know who their QB is. They go to games because of their "tradition" their cute little songs and so they can stand during the game. But dont ask any of them the score they will look at you like a dog does when they hear a strange sound. R.C. has really proven himself as a winner to. WOOOOW !!! look at all those titles. R.C. just figured out what a forward pass was.

You will be missed but will be quickly forgotten. I wish I could have seen you play. Maybe the military overtones at A&M can teach you something called integrity and committment. When a coach gets your committment he takes it for what it is worth and does not recruit that postition.

Coach Saban - We thank you for another great class. You continue to prove to us how great of a coach and man you are.

But I am sure you care little.... Good luck in Big 12 oblivion.

You will be able to catch the team you committed to on ESPN and CBS most of next year. Be sure to check them out on January first next year in a BCS game, it will be a few weeks after LSU wins another SEC title. I am sure you will be getting back from the Galleryfurniturecoachdinetteset.com bowl that was played on Halloween in Hogsbreath Arkansas against another powerhouse like UTEP or TCU.

2. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

He was on the radio this morning in Houston with his "friend" explaining why he switched to A&M. Although he didn't necessarily sound like a jerk, he (and his friend) could barely carry on an interview. Every question was answered the same, "Well, you know, I, uh, just want to be happy, and, uh, wanna play football, uh, with people I know." About 10 different questions were all answered with this response.

When asked if schools stopped contacting him after committing to LSU, he said "no, uh, not at all, uh, I'm just glad it's over, I mean, uh, I just wanna be happy and play football, uh, with people I know." He sounded VERY relieved that the process is over and mentioned that he likes A&M because of the underdog role and is used to being the underdog. Apparently, his high school was a good team because the interviewers thought this was odd because it had been a long time since his school had been an underdog in ANY game. It was a difficult interview to listen to and the radio guys did a good job with what little they had to work with.

3. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Did you get the usual.

"ya know wha I am sayin..." after every sentence.

Listen I dont want to rip on an 18 year old kid. I do wish him well. Personally I think he made a tragic mistake. Lets be honest LSU is a program that is on the way up and is on TV almost every game. As in A&M well unless you live in Texas (Like I arrgghh) you wont see much.

I just think he really did not conduct himself well here. But he is 18 and I guess we have to give him some slack. But A&M is a good school to attend. They are more A&M fans then football fans. Many A&M people I know when I ask about their team look at me and say "I dont know but we learned more cheers at Fish camp this year...."

Good Luck to him, be sure to catch LSU on TV all season Mr. Mcdaniel...

4. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

He didn't sound like a thug or anything, maybe just nervous. It was hard for him to get any words out to answer the questions asked. I know what you're saying about A&M fans. Also, many of the fans that actually follow football spend more of their time trying to bash the Longhorns than they do supporting their own team. Kind of like a lot of Auburn (not you Chuck) fans tend to do with Bama.

5. Rouster

Rouster Freshman

You know that kid is only 17 or 18 years old and decided to stay closer to home. Not to mention I'm sure that he was under intense pressure to stay in state. I'm pretty sure we'll survive alright without him. I think what ticked Saban about it was that he decommitted at the last minute. Maybe we would have tried to get another LB if we would have known.

6. puttytat

puttytat Founding Member

Apparently........

the young man didn't have his heart with LSU. Obviously, this is the case and we certainly do not need players like that (not sure of his decision). We will probably be better off without him.......good luck to the young man, anyway......I just hope his team does poorly.

7. Austin Tiger

Austin Tiger Freshman

Puttytat I think you pretty well summed it up. I particularly like your last line. Don't worry about A&M doing poorly, they will. R.C. Slocum has a real talent for being mediocre.

I actually kind of like the Aggies (except for when we used to play them). I've been to a few of their games in Kyle stadium and their games are pretty good; they're not as loud as Death Valley, (although they think they are--I'm going to bring one of my friends to one of the big games next year and educate him) but they do pretty well.

I don't have one Aggie friend that likes R.C. They all want him to get promoted off the field into an office job.

I saw some film of McDaniels playing this year and he's a real terror. But, if his heart wasn't in it, I don't think he would've been as effective as Vaughn will be.

8. BigETigerFan

BigETigerFan Freshman

Guys I heard the same interview...it was hard to listen to. As a matter of fact...the radio guys were even talking about that interview several days after. It was BAD!

Let me say this...if AM does not want to be a Tiger...so be it. We want players who want to be Tigers. Let it/him go.

As far as the a$m thing...DV kills Kyle Field! And yes a$m spends all day trying to bash the 'Horns. Really sad. collie Station suck. AM should have a great time playing footabll there.

Geaux Tiger