Dayne Crist coming this weekend

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by pharpe, Mar 21, 2007.

1. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

Dayne Crist, QB from Notre Dame HS in Sherman Oaks, California will be in Baton Rouge for an unofficial visit this weekend. From what I've read he sounds like a sold kid. Wants to commit before he senior year and get it done. According to Rivals he could be the most coveted passer in the 2008 class. My concern is pulling him from California. I've seen him mention multiple times that USC is on his wish list of schools but they still have not offered. Is he just checking out is backups until they do?

2. LSUalum24

LSUalum24 Founding Member

Scout removed UCLA from his list (USC and UCLA being his favorite schools). I guess they are out. LSU and Notre Dame seem to be his leading choices right now. USC hasn't really recruited him yet. He is good friends with Jimmy Clausen. I don't know how much of a factor that helps Notre Dame.

3. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I posted on this before but iono what happened to the thread. Crist is the real deal. Before it's all said and done and barring any injuries he may be the overall #1 recruit in this class and certainly the #1 QB.

USC isn't likely to offer until the status of Mustain is known and that won't happen until mid-April or thereabouts. Crist has said he wants to make his decision before summer and all the camps. He has NO problem with leaving Cali. LSU is a solid leader for him at this point, not just a backup. His relationship with the coaches and what he sees in coaching style this weekend will be a huge factor.

And don't overrate the friendship thing. It gives michellin man NO edge. Remember JC's best friend and roommate all of last year was Marc Tyler. Tyler made at least 2 visits to SouthBendover and he STILL became a Trojan.

4. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

At 6'5" and 221 lbs, he could be JaMarcus' size by the time he is a starter in the college ranks. This guy is a freakin' HOSS. I hope the weather is nice this weekend and the girlies are on patrol to help him make his decision. I would love to have a guy like this at LSU.

5. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I'm sure us turning a QB similar to him into a #1 pick in the draft is making a very favorable impression.

1 person likes this.
  6. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

USCvball, I remember that thread-don't know where it went. As for him being friends with Clausen, I don't see how it would make sense for him to follow another highly touted QB to the same school if he too is the real deal. Seems like one of them would be out of a job for the majority of their college career, unless he redshirts, and then takes over for Clausen as a junior. Only has a chance to play two years like that, though.

7. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

There are very few sure things in the college recruiting world and LOI day is a long way off. However, based on his current offers (he added another today from Meatchicken), I believe LSU is a solid leader and nd is further down the line. He'll continue to rack up offers and we'll see what he thinks about that soon enough.

Since he's said he wants to decide by summer, I expect he'll be a very busy young man the next few months.

8. CParso

CParso Founding Member

LSU signed a pretty highly rated QB last year too (although not as highly rated as Clausen), and Lee may redshirting...

Crist is probably going to face competition at whichever school he choses to sign with, as most/all have recently signed other top QB prospects.

9. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

The good thing is he seems to be aware of this and has been quoted as saying that he is very aware of the level of competition in front of him and he expects to red shirt. Also said he wants to compete for the job, and through that process increase his own skills. How refreshing to hear. Add to that, his desire to focus on his team and not the recruiting process, by declaring this summer, looks like a player that anyone would like to have. Hope it pans out for us. His film is pretty impressive. Not just his arm strength or accuracy but also his footwork for a junior at that size. Can't help but get excited about this kid.

10. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

He's also extremely smart and very tough. He'll compete and even today I'm comfortable that he could easily beat out Lee. Can't wait to hear how his visit goes this week. He'll be in Thursday and gone by Sunday afternoon.