Cup throwing blamed on LSU?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Ed~, Jan 1, 2002.

1. Ed~

Ed~ Founding Member

Common sense tells me that LSU fans wouldn't throw stuff at an LSU player. Maybe it was that thilly wittle, several degree holding Illini...

Ed

2. David E

David E Freshman

I was watching the first half at my parent's house, and I said then that it couldn't be an LSU fan's cup as it still had beer in it. :D

3. Ed~

Ed~ Founding Member

DAVIDA!., ;)

I think you are right bro. No self respecting 'Southern trash POS' would waste beer. ;) Now, a sweater wearing, yankee a-hole would. ~But only with either a bent wrist or a pink squoil~

Ed

4. tigerhater69

tigerhater69 Founding Member

LSU fans dont have comman sense!

5. David E

David E Freshman

6. David E

David E Freshman

You might want to quit now. Does the phrase "shooting fish in a barrel" mean anything to you?

7. tigerhater69

tigerhater69 Founding Member

All that over a typo, you are stupid! On another post say's that a 4 year old could speak from Louisiana Im in shock! Call CNN now!

8. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Common Sense

You know really, we are talking here about universities. Universities are supposed to be the ultimate harbors of intelligence, including the "comman"ability to spell six-letter words. If the intellect of a poster is so infintesimally small that he/she does not know how to spell "c-o-m-m-o-n," anything he/she might write in a s-e-n-t-e-n-c-e should be ingnored.

9. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Just to let you guys know, I am an LSU student. I was sitting in the end zone with all the other students and I saw many cups flying around after LSU's first 2 scores until we were warned to stop. Throwing cups after an LSU score is kind of a tradition in the student section. Anyone who went to LSU would know it. It is one of the many factors that make those tickets in the student section the best in the SEC.
    I wanted to make one other point:You guys spend way too much time complaining about superficial things, such as who to blame for the cup throwing. Why don't you make this a better quality board and talk about things like how well the secondary played, or if you think Reed will go pro or not?

10. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Might as well throw my two cents in. Most students do not throw cups after touchdowns but enough NOW do that it could get out of hand if a "tradition" of doing so develops. From my time in the student section, it seemed that most cups were almost empty or completely empty and I had no serious problems deflecting them from the females around. There were, however, a few rare instances when full cups or other objects that could impose material physical damage were flung from up above. This is the type of behavior that is uncalled for. While I am not advocating the throwing of empty cups, it's not nearly the same as a 44-ounce cup, 3/4's full of crown and 7-up picking up speed as it shoots like a comet from the sky onto someone's head. Knowing that projectiles may be sent your way makes watching Reed, Toe, and Ro's celebrations after the touchdown tough at times.