CSPAN represents the worst type of "journalism"!

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Mr. Wonderful, Oct 1, 2002.

1. Mr. Wonderful

Mr. Wonderful Founding Member

How I long for the good ol' days when "neutral" media outlets provided the viewing public with a true picture of protests and "movements" by hand picking (and scrubbing) the "spokespersons" for movements such as fags, environmental protestors, IMF protestors, "civil rights" protestors, etc. Now, we have those yellow journalists at CSPAN showing unedited and uninterrupted footage of the IMF protests. Nice, CSPAN, very nice! Are we supposed to judge these persons by viewing their unedited words and conduct? CSPAN should have their license to broadcast revoked if they are not going to play by the rules. Allowing "viewers" to watch and listen to these people and form their own opinions is decidedly NOT the rule! Find a friendly, well-scrubbed spokesman, edit out the decidedly offensive comments and remarks from the "stage", clear the script the spokesperson is working from, having Katie, Tom, Peter or Dan describe the spokesperson as an expert, and focus on the cops being mean. That's the rule! Get with it CSPAN!

2. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

At least I can recognize THIS one as sarcasm, W.:p I'm glad to see that you recognize what goes on alot and not just believe everything you hear on TV from the over-edited media. ;)