Crowton: Stay or Go?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Jean Lafitte, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

How can we be sure that Crowton is to blame for three years of LSU Offensive impotence?

He is the QB coach. Our QB play is below average.

He is the OC. Our Offense ranks 92nd out of 115? That is ABOMINABLE.

These are two good reasons for a change, but, I'm not sure that all blame can be placed on Crowton. The head coach must also share some blame, because he is the HC. The head coach is the Captain of the LSU warship, and, the Captain is responsible for everything that happens on board.

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Lets get rid of crowton and find out. Simple enough.

3. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

With that thread title you should turn this into a poll.

4. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Reasons why?

5. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Simple is brilliant. :thumb:

6. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Crowton needs to go.
    This offense needs something different.
    I am not blaming him but in business if something is not working you make a change, even if its not the persons fault. But the sign of insanity is continuing to try something when the result are the same.

Its time for a change, just something. Now i understand he has been hamstrung with probably the worst QB in recent LSU history. I like Jefferson a nice kid but him and Lee probably would not start at many DII schools. They are really that bad. If I had a dollar for everytime I screamed "THROW THE BALL" as I stood in front of the TV watching Jefferson bounce up and down PRAYING the only rec. he is looking at may come open and when they dont he panics.. Ugg anyway that wasnt the point.

Yes Crowton should go even though he has been pretty hamstrung with a horrible QB(s)

7. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Look at LSU's offense rankings in D1 football the last three years for that question.

8. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Dear God, man...you named all we need to know, but if it isn't enough, go dig up the myriad threads warning us when we got him. He has lived out his history here at LSU. A history of starting like a house a fire, then flaming out within 3 years. He's done it almost everywhere else he's been in his career.

Now had he never been here, he'd be tops on my list...for a one year contract. Problem is, he's done here...two years ago.

Oh, one more reason to fire him this year. Because they didn't fire him last year.

9. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

Les Miles and Gary Crowton don't mix philosophy-wise. Our QBs may be bad. But, since we don't seem to have the ability to find/keep one, we need to find someone who can work with what we have.

10. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Really? In the words of the late LN, Surely you jest, and don't call me shirley.:D