Congrats (but wow...)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Aubie16, Dec 2, 2007.

1. Aubie16

Aubie16 Founding Member

I'm here to offer my congratulations on the way everything appears to be working out for yall to play for a national title but man...can anybody see how this can be extremely frustrating for me, dececks, caddy, etc?

We don't lose a single game and are denied a chance to play for the title. You lose 2 games and it looks like you will have that chance.

What a screwed up system. Anyways, I really do offer my congratulations, I'm just a little bitter at the BCS (not you).

Go beat the buckeyes.

2. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

Thanks Aubie, great post! I thought you guys got jobbed in 04 and said so at the time. It definitely should have been USC vs. Auburn for the championship, and you would have won, instead we had to watch a mediocre Oklahoma team get dismantled by USC.

It's not just about your record, but yours relative to everyone else's. If we back in, I'll be happy, but I am MOST happy about winning the SEC championship. That can't be manipulated like the BCS, which gets down to politics.

3. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

I TOTALLY agree with you Aubie. To go undefeated in the SEC is the hardest thing to do in college football. As much as I hate AU, sorry, I did feel AU should have had the opportunity to play for the NC. Whoever wins the SECCG should be in the NC game if eligible to do so.

4. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I felt for you guys then and I do now!
    Keep in mind thats why they say you have to be good and lucky.
    The football gods must be in perfect alignment with us.
    Sometimes being good just isn't good enough, you have to have a little help along the way!
    Hey, a trojanfan was here last nite and we were talking to him.
    One thing we can all agree on, college football post season is screwed up.
    Its a nightmare, but in the end its almost like 2003.
    I can't believe we might get a chance to play for a NC in our own backyard!

Classy post by an Aubie, I will be rooting for you guys in your bowl game!:tigereye:

5. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I'll be rooting for the Aubies too. I don't like the system and think we need a playoff, without a doubt.

6. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

Part of Auburn not reaching the championship game in 2004 is due to their having lost to USC in 2002 and 2003. They struggled to beat teams throughout the 2004 season and would have been handled by USC. Of that there is no question :)

7. tepshen73

tepshen73 Freshman

As and Ohio State fan (be gentle please) I think we need a playoff system so bad its not even funny. Its not fair to the conferences that have championship games vs those of us who do not have them. So I wish you all good luck and hope to see you in New Orleans.

8. Aubie16

Aubie16 Founding Member

I agree about losing in 2002 and 2003 hurt. Although that also speaks volumes about how screwed up the system is.

As for your comment about struggling to beat teams...that must be a joke.

LOUISIANA-MONROE.....WON 31-0
    at Mississippi State......WON 43-14
    LOUISIANA STATE........WON 10-9
    THE CITADEL...............WON 33-3
    at Tennessee...............WON 34-10
    LOUISIANA TECH..........WON 52-7
    ARKANSAS...................WON 38-20
    KENTUCKY...................WON 42-10
    at Mississippi................WON 35-14
    GEORGIA......................WON 24-6
    at Alabama...................WON 21-13
    vs. Tennessee @Atlanta..WON 38-28

We only had 2 wins by less than 10 points.

9. HogCity Tiger

HogCity Tiger Founding Member

Not so sure about that breaux. Auburn did beat the defending national champions (us) and ran the SEC table.
    I never put any stock in a teams previous year performance as we all know each years team is completely different than the previous one (unless your coach is named Houston Nutt).

Aubie, that will go down as one of the biggest screw jobs in history but if it makes you feel any better I had you guys peciled in a National Champs.
    That being said, I hope we rip your throats out next year. :)

Cheers!

:helmet:

10. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I think there's plenty to question. AU's defense was stellar that year. No one can say for sure what would've happened in that game, not even you. :grin:

One thing I do know, AU would've given them a better game than OU did.