Complaint about the purpose of seeding

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TSdude, Jun 18, 2009.

1. TSdude

TSdude Founding Member

Someone please explain to me the benefit of being a top 8 national seed? The political correctness of the NCAA in this baseball tournament is asinine. LSU won the SEC regular season and tourney titles, was ranked in the Top 5 most of the season, leads the country in wins and garners the #3 overall national seed (what a joke that is, but that's another gripe). And, LSU will once again be the visiting team against the Piggies. How in God's name does this happen? What is the friggin purpose of being a Top 8 seed? The purpose it to be rewarded for your body of work by being a top seed and being the home team. Well, LSU has been the visiting team in more games through the Regional, Super Regional and now CWS. Nice reward... That just seems so backasswards to me. I don't want to hear any of this garbage about coin tosses either. Shouldn't never happen. LSU is the top seed remaining in the bracket, it should be the home team, period. Not to mention that LSU was the visiting team against the Pigs last time. This just irritates me to no end.:angryfire

:geauxtige

2. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

super regional host. nuff said.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

to be honest as long as we get in the top 8 we are guaranteed hosting a regional, and super regional if we win the regional. so 1-8 is pretty much a wash because all teams are hosting regionals and super's if they win. we happened to luck out because 2 out of the top 8 lost before the CWS on our side. It would have been tougher if we would have landed on the other side i.m.o.

4. TSdude

TSdude Founding Member

Not really...were the visiting friggin team in your own ballpark, that's incredibly stupid. And, if it goes to game three there's a friggin coin toss, so could've been visitors twice, completely asinine.

5. LesMilesFan

LesMilesFan Founding Member

Yeah that's good, but there should be a reshuffle once the CWS begins. Move up the national seeds that make it through. Don't just plug in the team that makes it through in the seed from that regional.

6. OkieTigerTK

better than being the visiting team in someone elses ball park.

7. OkieTigerTK

not gonna argue that. but the question of what good is a national seed the way it is structured now was the question.

8. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

in all fairness, the national seeds were made before the regional weren't they? At that time, we weren't as highly ranked in the polls. I think we were 2nd and it was real close.

9. TSdude

TSdude Founding Member

Okie, you've been hanging out with Yogi Berra haven't you?

10. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

It alternates. We were the home team for the first game at our regional and for the super regional. It was an advantage enough having the game in our ballpark so everyone gets a shot at being home team. In the CWS we were the home team the first game and the visiting team the 2nd. For our 3rd game it's a coin flip. Can't be more fair than that.

The seedings determined the playing sites and was a starting spot to fill in the brackets. Once one gets to Omaha, the seeds mean nothing. Everyone is on the same playing ground.