Columnist Michael Malone Looks at Slanted Election Coverage and the Reasons Why.

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Andouille, Oct 27, 2008.

1. Andouille

Andouille Guest

Cover your eyes Red.

I'm sure this guy is just another paranoid Republican. :rolleye33: :dis:

http://abcnews.go.com/print?id=6099188

Entire article

2. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

Who cares....

Do you vote by what the media tells you?

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

80% (my arbitrary figure) of voters are idiots who blindly follow what the media spoon feeds them. I am convinced of that.

4. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

Maybe yes, maybe no. But fearmongering is more like forced spoon feeding ehh?

5. SabanFan

It's not a lie...if you believe it. - George Costanza

6. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

But if I don't it is.. ;)

7. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

I disagree that 80% of voters are idiots (arbitrary or not), but it is clear that the news media can have a significant influence over what opinions people hold.

8. SabanFan

I shouldn't say idiots. Ignorant would be more accurate

9. tigerdro

tigerdro GEAUX TIGERS!

in my experience, most of the people who do not do their own research and depend on main stream media for political information, key in on one or two soundbites which becomes the entire foundation for their political stance, especially in this election. entirely too many of the people i talk to say things like "obama doesn't believe in the american flag" or "mcain is too angry - do we really want him in control of nukes?". when i prod them further, they often have no clue how either candidate stands on key issues such as economy, health care, foreign relations, etc.

why? why don't people realize the choice they make on november 4 will affect their future and the future of this country? i don't understand how people can be so uninformed.

10. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

I have always said people vote with their stomachs. In other words, economic issues that affect the voter in his pocketbook is often the deciding factor on how they vote. If the economy is good, the tend to vote for incumbent and when the economy is bad, they tend to vote for the challenger. If there is no incumbent running, they tend to vote for the candidate they have the most confidence in regarding the economy. If the economy had not tanked like it has, I think McCain would be in the drivers seat of this campaign. Of course I know there are valid arguments to the contrary.