Clausen Family

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by chuck, Jan 14, 2002.

1. chuck

chuck Founding Member

I promise I am not trying to stir up trouble. I just wanted LSU's take on this.

This link is a letter sent by Joey Matthews father to a paper in TN. It mentions among other things that UT never gave his son a fair shake and that the Clausens basically bought Casey's starting role.

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=2971438&BRD=1211&PAG=461&dept_id=169695&rfi=6

Then I read this on a bama board that states a rumor that now they are getting involved with LSU . ..
    http://216.119.93.201/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=8&threadid=4532

have any of the LSU heard anything like this? Saban seems like a class guy and wouldn't stand for this typie of behavior. I just don't think you all would stand for that type of manipulation.

May you bring the best QB into Jordan Hare next year.

Good luck, and War Eagle

2. chuck

chuck Founding Member

What year is Rick? When was he recruited. My mind is drawing a blank on his national ranking and such when he was brought in

3. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

Rick will be a Soph next season.

Saban plays to win games, not to make money. If he was intersted in the money then he could have accepted one of his NFL offers. Instead, he wants to build a dynasty at LSU. He cannot do this by bowing down to outside interests.

4. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

To think a coach would not play his best player at QB because of money donated to the University is DUMB. He wants to win so he can keep coaching, so he his going to play with who he thinks can win!!!! He could care less about money to the University as long as he gets paid.

Poor Joey may have been the better QB, but if Phil didn't have confindence in him he wasn't going to play him. I sure he just loved Mommy and Daddy coming in to complain that their son the best QB in the world wasn't playing. (the definitly are the best judge of football talent around so they should know)

This is my pet peeve in life, when things don't go your way it has to be someone elses fault, IT CAN"T BE MY FAULT!

My Rant is now complete!!!

5. Texastigers

Texastigers Guest

Just for the record. Rick will be a freshman next year. He was redshirted this year. He did not play a single down.

As far as this goes. I hope Rick becomes our starting QB. I like Mauck but that family has talent.

Saban will play the best player....

Geaux Tigers.

6. HokieStoned

HokieStoned Freshman

Clausen Pickle Magnates?

Is Casey Clausen of the pickle-making Clausen's? Gosh, Fulmer isn't there anything you won't do for a sandwich? Is his next QB recruit gonna be named Smuckers?

7. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

For the Record

Ok Rick Clausen might become the greatest QB ever at LSU. But, I have to question a kid that his Jr Year Played in the Highest Classification in California and was just another QB. Then Rick Clausen Transfered to Taft which is in a lower Classification than the School that he and his brother Cassey attended together.

Only then did Rick Clausen put up the great numbers in High School. Now he is in the SEC Division 1A Football the best conference in the Country. I wonder if thinks he can get some Coaching at LSU then transfer out to Conference USA and become a STAR.

To all Tiger Fans Mauck was great in the SEC Championship game but I just feel like somebody else is going to come around or be recruited to play QB at LSU ( Robert Lane of NEVILLE comes to mind)

ITS SO LOUD IT'S DEAF

8. MemphisTigerFan

MemphisTigerFan Freshman

Anybody that impresses coach Saban as a football player doesn't have anything to prove to me. And with the ability that coach Saban has shown to go out and get the best players available at any position, is a good enough sign to me that all of the quaterbacks at LSU have the talent to play in the best conference in the country (SEC). And all of these quaterbacks have a shot at playing for the defending SEC champions.

None of these QBs that are at LSU now have had an opportunity to really show what they can do for the team, except for possibly Mauck. And he is a great running QB. But does he have the arm that it is going to take to repeat as SEC champs next year? We will have to go through spring practice and fall practice to find out. But, I feel very confident that coach Saban, who has been quoted as wanting to "build a dynasty" at LSU, will have the best man leading the Tigers on the field next year.

I have heard some very encouraging words from Tiger fans that Rick Clausen has all the ability that is needed to be that man, but lacks strength and stamina. He has a very good preception of how coach Fisher wants the offense to look. I personnally hope that we get to see him a lot next year. We have all seen that Mauck can lead the Tigers on the field but needs to improve his throwing ability.

Bottom line is we have a great problem at LSU. We have a lot of good QBs, and RBs, and linemen on both offense and defense, and our defensive backfield has gotten so much better. We have a great core group of LBs and look at the ones coming in this year. We have a great university with a great football coach with fantastic talent at all positions. I dont feel as though the leadership of the university will allow anyone but coach Saban and his staff to dicide who will be on the field playing for the Tigers. I have more confidence in coach Saban's character than that.