Chris Garrett Released from Team

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by bhelmLSU, Jul 8, 2010.

1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Just popped up and looking into it. Some saying his scholarship was not renewed and others are saying he asked for his release.

Only SEC school he can transfer to is Miss St.

2. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

wtf?! :huh:

3. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

On the surface, I don't like it. However, as an eternal optimist, I am wondering if this is a sign that Zach Lee has already made his decision, and will be a Tiger for a while? Maybe CJ saw the writing on the wall?

4. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

never put all of your eggs into one basket, especially when it comes to QBs. look at what happened with perriloux. chris had been doing well, i thought? all of the video/highlights i have seen from zach lee have been mediocre at best -- except for his pitching.

5. eL eS shU

eL eS shU Founding Member

According to sources close to Garrett, he was told after spring practice that he was definitely behind Jefferson and Jarrett Lee. Garrett was also informed by Miles that he would be in a competition with incoming freshman Zach Lee for the No. 3 spot in the quarterback rotation.

Chris Garrett simply asked for his release from LSU. According to sources close to Garrett, he was told at the meeting that things weren't working out for him at LSU.

6. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

wow. i guess all of the rumors about him looking like the next best thing since sliced bread were just rumors then.... frankly, i might be a bit miffed if i were behind jarrett lee too. but the dude is an underclassmen, a backup with the PT that JL has is something you just can't discount. oh well, have fun at miss state, chump. :wave:

7. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

I agree about the whole "eggs in one basket" statement. Your example of Perrilloux is obviously well noted and documented. But I do think Zach Lee>Chris Garrett...assuming he is to be a Tiger and not a Dodger. Perhaps I'm just excited about the possibility of seeing Zach stay with LSU, knowing that he'll be on the mound next spring. I think you can relate...:thumb:

8. bmy-

bmy- Founding Member

Sheesh.

9. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

A poster on another board said 2 days ago that this was about to happen and it wasn't entirely Garrett's idea. He also said Chris got word that his scholarship would not be renewed. That poster was banned from the site. :hihi:

The last thing I heard about Garrett was that Miles asked if he was ready to compete and he said he wasn't ready to step up to take the reps.

Seems like this has been in the works and Lee and has to be a factor in this.

10. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

oh, i can definitely relate. and maybe some of this is just CLM trying to make sure ZL stays in BR. i'm totally clueless on where CG and ZL both stand as prospective college QBs. i'll be honest saying that zach lee doesn't impress me too much when i watch his "highlights." i guess because he's a pocket passer and isn't really flashy. however, that could be just what LSU needs for the future. but man, it's going to hurt losing out on CG. a lot of fans were really, really high on him and his arm.