Chicago Baseball

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Mr. Wonderful, Jun 4, 2003.

1. Mr. Wonderful

Mr. Wonderful Founding Member

I've posted this message on hundreds of messages boards to a favorable response and thought I'd stop by here and share the same viewpoint. First off, MLB should do the honest and correct thing and remove the All-Star game from Chicago. Forget the silly things about having the team from the winning league get homefield advantage in the World Series and other unimportant issues. The real issue is the complete disgrace to baseball as represented by the White Sox and most importantly, their fans. This group of hooligans (to put it mildly), criminals is more apt have thoroughly and conistently embarassed not only baseball, but this great country. This classless group of individuals (players and fans of the White Sox) do not DESERVE to host the All-Star game. I think baseball has a good case to contract the White Sox since they are completely unable to control their outlandish fans. For the good of baseball, the All-Star game should be removed from Chicago It is simply not safe to play any baseball game in front of White Sox fans, much less one of baseball peremier events. Do something right for the first time Mr. Selig, and remove the All-Star game from the White Sox at the very least.
    And then, to make matters worse, the ONLY good thing to come of out Chicago baseball-wise, Sammy Sosa is accused of using a corked bat? While this pales in comparison to the consistent assault on baseball as practiced by the White Sox and their fans, it is yet insult on top of injury to have this fine Latin gentleman accused, perhaps accurately? of this minor rule violation.

But first and foremost, REMOVE THE ALL-STAR GAME FROM THE WHITE SOX FACILITY!

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

After last year's All Star Game tie do you really think that Bud Selig is capable of making the right decision about anything?

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I can accept Sammy Sosa's story that he had one corked bat he only used for batting practice to thrill the fans with BP homers, especially in light of the fact that they X-rayed the other 76 of his bats and found no cork in any of those. BUT - Sosa was mired in a 1 or 16 with 12 strikeouts slump coming off the disabled list going into the plate appearance that revealed his corked bat. I think he deliberatly picked up his one corked bat because he wanted to break out of his slump and despite the fact that Sosa has broken a lot of bats in his career (none of them shown to be corked) that he gambled that he would get a hit that one time and not break the bat.

If they want a friendly atmosphere for the All Star game they should move it to Alex Box Stadium

4. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

Hundreds? Dude, you need to get out more.

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

...or Arizona where the Pool and TGI Friday's is just as Abner Doubleday dreamed it would be.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

There is no such place as Tampa Stadium. The Tampa Bay Neverrays play at Tropicana Field that was finished in 2001. Do the roots of baseball only go back 2 years? The idea of the league that wins the All Star game getting home field advantage for the World Series is a joke. Is a guy from Tampa Bay or Detroit going to bust his ass to win the All Star game so that the Yankees can have home field advantage? Is a Pittsburgh Pirate player going to give 110% so that the Giants or the Dodgers can have the home field advantage?

7. JD

JD Founding Member

I have been writing on every Chicago message board I can find that Sox fans should be like Cub fans: get drunk at every game, pour beer on the opposition pitchers in the bullpen, throw batteries at outfielders, not really care much about baseball, get giddy when we win a "wild card championship" and enjoy waiting 40 years between back-to-back winning seasons.
    BTW, the latest offender is a Cubs fan who was at a Sox game.

8. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

I like the All-Star game home field idea. It may restore some degree of league pride. If it doesn't result in a better game, you scrap it. No harm, no foul.

9. TNT

TNT Founding Member

What a better time to bring Margie Schott out of mothballs!!!??!!

Margie would probably invite all fans to "bring their dog" and she'd do it in a "VERY" politically correct fashion...I'm SURE! Indeed ....move the All Star Game to Minot, N.D. and let Dale Brown be in charge of the "motivational sector". The fans will be in a delirious dither and the dogs will be barking their approval. I "MOVE" that it be moved PRONTO!